Windows 10: No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10

Discus and support No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I've had my computer for over a year and decided to search through the control panel. I came across accounts as the next tab to search through and I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArcticFireF0x, Apr 15, 2020.

1. No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10

So I've had my computer for over a year and decided to search through the control panel. I came across accounts as the next tab to search through and I changed my local account's "group" from administrator to device owner thinking it would unlock more settings if i snooped a bit more. After the next restart I noticed the app that controls the LEDs in my mouse wasn't working properly. No problem, I'll fix it later. Later comes around and i see that the admin shield over the icon to run it, Ok, a bit weird. I attempt to run it but the user account control pops up demanding that it wants admin credentials with nowhere to input. Strange, I kind of thought that having the device owner rank would be a bit bigger than the admin but I guess not. I tried multiple approaches to the problem but nothing is working.

If you can come up with a solution I thank you in advance.

:)

ArcticFireF0x, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10 :(

Zakin, Apr 15, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10

Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10

1. No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10 - Similar Threads - accessible administrator accounts

2. Administrator Account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  3. Administrator Account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  4. Administrator Account access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access administrator account: I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but...
  6. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access administrator account: I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but...
  7. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Administrator Account Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Access: Windows recently updated on my laptop, and since that update i am unable to access my administrator account. It keeps saying the the password/pin is wrong. I have used the same pin and have not changed it. Also, the other accounts that have access can not connect to the...
  9. Con't access administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Con't access administrator account: I disable my guest account and shut down my computer now when I restarted my computer no administrator account showing what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cont-access-administrator-account/bc70daf1-71c5-489a-8315-2231576675da
  10. Administrator account access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account access: Do not have administrator account access and cannot make changes to settings without it. Keep getting access denied message. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account-access/5b2f8c06-8958-4e25-a880-b3a742b65da2