Windows 10: No account shown in mail add an account

Discus and support No account shown in mail add an account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jgveill, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jgveill Win User

No account shown in mail add an account

Hello,

I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I currently have no mail account that has been added.

I tried to uninstall mail, reinstall it with Microsoft store but this changed nothing. Choose an account windows is still empty. Where's the problem ? What can I do ?

Thanks J Guy

:)

jgveill, Dec 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail App - Account Settings

Hi,

I tried to add some mail accounts to the Mail App.

My main mail account has a username that differs from the mail address.

I tried to add the account under Advanced Settings --> Internet E-Mail but i can only type in a username and not a mail address.

The account doesn't sync the mails and when I tried to send a mail, my username is shown instead of the mail address in "From".

Did I miss something or is there a way to solve this problem?

AndreasH88, Dec 24, 2016
  3. Tons2020 Win User
    Lumia 735: Issues with outlook, calender and people accounts

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply.

a) there is no error message or error code.

Then tapping the outlook tile it says + add an account. I choose to add the outlook.com account, then I am asked to fill in my Microsoft account. After 10 seconds it says OK, your account has been configured.

beneath is shown the mail icon and the name of my email address and I tap for the completion.

Immediately the screen returns to + add an account. Obvious I have not been connected correctly to my Outlook.com account and also people and calender are missing.

Checking settings/accounts/email accounts it shows my Microsoft account and beneath are shown a headline: mail/calender and people and beneath that + add account and beneath my outlook email account.

b) There is no update to the outlook app.

c) I have tried to perform an soft reset according to the guidelines - but without any result.

When using my computer there is no problem with my Outlook.com mail.

I still don't have my email, calender and contacts connected, so the problem is still unsolved.

Tons2020, Dec 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I don't use Windows Mail but a question could be "Are you logging into the computer using a Local Account or Microsoft Account?".

Berton, Dec 24, 2016
  5. jgveill Win User
    You may have found something .... The defective account (not able to choose mail account) is a Microsoft one. My other user account is a Local one and windows Mail is perfectly working. No being able to add mail account in Microsoft account is quite strange.

If I go through settings, account, Mail accounts and apps (my system is french and my translation may not be the english wordings), windows is searching and nothing happens even after 15 minutes. So it looks like something is missing somewhere.

Thanks J Guy

jgveill, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Yes, a corrupted profile can cause problems.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No account shown in mail add an account - Similar Threads - account shown mail

2. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !: I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a new account in Mail :-Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.Email address This is the name you'll see...
  3. Mail not able to add account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not able to add account: I have been trying to connect my school gmail account to the mail app but it just shows this kind of error [ATTACH] I did not encounter this problem with my other 2 gmail accounts. My build is Windows 10 1909, with no pending updates....
  4. Mail add account error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail add account error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WatchingCrab94282 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc6xcb/mail_add_account_error/
  5. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  6. Mail>Account ADD fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail>Account ADD fails: I have an e-mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which I have been using. I tried to add it to the Widows 10 Mail but it fails with an error code why not a message something like x800000005. I am confident that I spelled the address right. What's the...
  7. Unable to add an account to Mail

Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  8. Can't add account to Mail.

Can't add account to Mail.: I press and press the Add Account button and it does nothing , i also cant login to microsoft store as well submitted by /u/ilovefood322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eghpav/cant_add_account_to_mail/
  9. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....
  10. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...