Windows 10: No account shown in mail add an account

Discus and support No account shown in mail add an account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jgveill, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jgveill Win User

No account shown in mail add an account

Hello,

I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I currently have no mail account that has been added.

I tried to uninstall mail, reinstall it with Microsoft store but this changed nothing. Choose an account windows is still empty. Where's the problem ? What can I do ?

Thanks J Guy

:)

jgveill, Dec 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail App - Account Settings

Hi,

I tried to add some mail accounts to the Mail App.

My main mail account has a username that differs from the mail address.

I tried to add the account under Advanced Settings --> Internet E-Mail but i can only type in a username and not a mail address.

The account doesn't sync the mails and when I tried to send a mail, my username is shown instead of the mail address in "From".

Did I miss something or is there a way to solve this problem?

AndreasH88, Dec 24, 2016
  3. Tons2020 Win User
    Lumia 735: Issues with outlook, calender and people accounts

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply.

a) there is no error message or error code.

Then tapping the outlook tile it says + add an account. I choose to add the outlook.com account, then I am asked to fill in my Microsoft account. After 10 seconds it says OK, your account has been configured.

beneath is shown the mail icon and the name of my email address and I tap for the completion.

Immediately the screen returns to + add an account. Obvious I have not been connected correctly to my Outlook.com account and also people and calender are missing.

Checking settings/accounts/email accounts it shows my Microsoft account and beneath are shown a headline: mail/calender and people and beneath that + add account and beneath my outlook email account.

b) There is no update to the outlook app.

c) I have tried to perform an soft reset according to the guidelines - but without any result.

When using my computer there is no problem with my Outlook.com mail.

I still don't have my email, calender and contacts connected, so the problem is still unsolved.

Tons2020, Dec 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I don't use Windows Mail but a question could be "Are you logging into the computer using a Local Account or Microsoft Account?".

Berton, Dec 24, 2016
  5. jgveill Win User
    You may have found something .... The defective account (not able to choose mail account) is a Microsoft one. My other user account is a Local one and windows Mail is perfectly working. No being able to add mail account in Microsoft account is quite strange.

If I go through settings, account, Mail accounts and apps (my system is french and my translation may not be the english wordings), windows is searching and nothing happens even after 15 minutes. So it looks like something is missing somewhere.

Thanks J Guy

jgveill, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Yes, a corrupted profile can cause problems.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No account shown in mail add an account - Similar Threads - account shown mail

2. Can't add account to my Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  3. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....
  4. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail: After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that I find a way to add this account because I need the e-mail access for school, work, and various other things. The laptop is...
  5. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  6. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  7. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  8. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  9. User Accounts As Shown

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts As Shown: Under users on drive C: have all of the following plus my user account: .Net v4.5 .Net v4.5 Classic Admini~1 All users Default Default Users Default.Migrated Default App Pool Public However when I go to users in control panel only shows my account. Also at times...
  10. Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts

Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 (home) for a while and I know my way around generally. Today, I'm having a weird issue with Mail and Calendar apps as both started to crash without any apparent reason. I tried to remove them (using powershell) and reinstalled from Store...