Windows 10: No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

Discus and support No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RonJonesTheMusic, May 15, 2021.

1. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate with someone helpful directly is extremely frustrating and I do not have time for it.

:)

RonJonesTheMusic, May 15, 2021

2. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

Hello,

Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine (which of course it is) and it seems
    the only way to get it activated is by spending another $340

How do I find my windows10pro digital licence after I've changed my motherboard?

How can I activate windows now I have changed my motherboard?

Rhys

RhysHorner, May 15, 2021
  3. Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement

I have a digital license, and was unable to extract a product key because the reason I replaced my motherboard/CPU is due to the original one dying unexpectedly. When using the troubleshooter I click the link for "I changed hardware on this device recently.
    I pick the same desktop that this is and click "This is the device I'm using right now" but when I click activate it just says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." The Learn more link where it lists various error codes doesn't include
    this one. If I log into my Microsoft account I can still see "this" computer (though it still lists the CPU I had before replacing it) on my devices list. How do I get this computer to be reassociated with my Windows license?

Scott890637, May 15, 2021
  4. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 15, 2021
Thema:

No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

1. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement. - Similar Threads - activation motherboard &CPU

2. Lost activation after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost activation after replacing motherboard.: I know this has been asked much, and I followed all methods suggested but nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation. It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  3. Lost activation after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost activation after replacing motherboard.: I know this has been asked much, and I followed all methods suggested but nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation. It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  4. Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU

Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU: I've tried to include screenshots but the upload keeps failingI'm having pretty much the same problem as the person who posted this...
  5. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  6. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  7. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

8. Windows Activation After motherboard replacement

Windows Activation After motherboard replacement: Good day After replacing my pc's motherboard I cannot activate windows anymore. Before the replacement it was working 100%, now all I get is errors. After troubleshooting > I changed hardware on this device I cannot find any other devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  9. Windows activation after motherboard replacement

Windows activation after motherboard replacement: I have a legitimate Windows licence. Some days ago I had to replace a motherboard and a processor. Now my Windows is in the status "Not activated." Please help me activate my Windows...
  10. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....