Windows 10: No Admin Accounts

Discus and support No Admin Accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Same as: 1) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/repair-windows-10-you-need-to-sign-in-as-an/5a06f5bf-fd7e-4780-ab38-935977c39c7f... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasJReynolds, Dec 18, 2019.

1. No Admin Accounts

Same as:

1) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/repair-windows-10-you-need-to-sign-in-as-an/5a06f5bf-fd7e-4780-ab38-935977c39c7f

2) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2957212/no-administrator-accounts-error-when-you-select-an-option-in-winre-in

I was wondering if anyone had experience creating a new WinRE partition to boot directly into Advanced Startup/Windows Recovery Environment. I bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7020 and upgraded it to Windows 10. I am having an error using any of the utilities in the Windows Recovery Environment, because it says that I have no available Administrator accounts to log in with, despite having 2 (the admin I created and the default/hidden admin I activated). I am thinking I need to delete the WinRE partition and recreate it, but I don't want to delete the WinRE partition named "WinRE Tools" by Dell, without knowing that I can create a new one. I recovered my computer last night from an external recovery drive's WinRE system, so the permissions are different between these 2.

Any ideas on how to re-create a WinRE partition with permissions afforded to my admin account and an image partition to restore, all on the same drive that will load up when using SHIFT+Restart? I know you specify the placement of this partition, containing the WIM image (using Reagentc), but am not sure how to proceed.

I have been looking through the tree of info here, but have had no luck: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc755163(v=ws.11)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Any ideas?

:)

NicholasJReynolds, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 18, 2019
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Dec 18, 2019
  4. No Admin Accounts

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

No Admin Accounts

1. No Admin Accounts - Similar Threads - Admin Accounts

2. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  3. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  4. Get files from locked admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get files from locked admin account: I have a computer that I got from my previous employment. The admin account have been the Microsoft365 account that I got through that job. This account has now been terminated and that has lead to me being locked out from all of my personal files. Is there any way of getting...
  5. Get files from locked admin account

Get files from locked admin account: I have a computer that I got from my previous employment. The admin account have been the Microsoft365 account that I got through that job. This account has now been terminated and that has lead to me being locked out from all of my personal files. Is there any way of getting...
  6. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  7. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  8. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do I disable/remove the admin account without using said account on Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable/remove the admin account without using said account on Windows 7?: To put more detail into this question I will explain it. I have a second-hand PC. This PC has an admin account with a password. And that's where the real problem enters. I don't know the password of this account. And the previous owner never gave us the password at all. And...
  10. How do I disable/remove the admin account without using said account on Windows 7?

How do I disable/remove the admin account without using said account on Windows 7?: To put more detail into this question I will explain it. I have a second-hand PC. This PC has an admin account with a password. And that's where the real problem enters. I don't know the password of this account. And the previous owner never gave us the password at all. And...