Windows 10: No admin rights - deleted all admin in registry editor

Discus and support No admin rights - deleted all admin in registry editor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My sister had a secondhand laptop which had another person as the admin account. I didn't know that she followed a youtube video on how to delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sofiaabegale, Sep 30, 2020.

1. No admin rights - deleted all admin in registry editor

My sister had a secondhand laptop which had another person as the admin account. I didn't know that she followed a youtube video on how to delete the admin account in the registry editor. Before doing that, she created another user and set is as admin. Unfortunately, while deleting the admin account folder in the registry editor under the SAM folder, she also deleted the one she created. Now, when she logged in using the original admin account, she can't do anything with the laptop except for google chrome which still works. She can't use the start button/menu, view files, install programs and format the disk. I also tried doing system restore but I can't create restore points. It just says that there is a machine error. The laptop doesn't read the bootable usb for windows reinstallation.

What can we do? If we take it to the repair center and reinstall windows, will it create a new admin even if the folders were deleted in the registry editor? Please drop some advice. Thank you so much!

:)

sofiaabegale, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 30, 2020
  4. lynnmay10 Win User

No admin rights - deleted all admin in registry editor

Go Back Windows 7 - error - must delete admin account

HI

Again I appreciate your effort to assist - but sadly again this does not solve my situation

I have time left on my 30 days - the return to windows 7 option is working but stops at the point of getting ready telling me I have to delete the Admin account (I apparently created this as a part of the upgrade process)

None of the instructions given allow me to - I have deleted the account in the family & other users section

There is no option to delete the admin account (that I can see)

I was given these as alternative suggestions - but they don't work either

Method 2

Please go to the registry editor and do the following steps:

• Click +, to open run command. Type "regedit" and click enter.
    • Create a back of the registry. Click on Hkey and go to the File Tab, press Export and save it to your desired your location.
    • Go to the provided path HKey_LocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
    • In the profile list you will find a few SID's please find the one related to the deleted user account and delete it.
    To know which sid is related to the User Account you wish to delete just go to a particular S-1-5series and on the right side look for ProfileImagePath, you will notice c:/users/User_Account_Name.

- when I highlight the account the delete button is greyed out

Method 3:

If you have enabled Built in admin account, please follow the steps below to disable Built in admin.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • From the jump menu select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:no and hit enter.

lynnmay10, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

No admin rights - deleted all admin in registry editor

1. No admin rights - deleted all admin in registry editor - Similar Threads - admin rights deleted

2. Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin rights: Hi, I recently bought my laptop and I logged in using my account..but whenever I try to open a program it says first put in administrator username and password, when im the sign in page there are no other accounts , only mine..and whenever I try to run a program it says I am...
  3. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  4. Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Rights: So as you can see I'm an admin but when I try to do a admin thing or run task manager it waits like around 10 minutes and gives me the loading cursor and when its done loading it gives me a error message with error sound - Please Help...
  5. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  6. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  7. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  8. admin rights

admin rights: Hi, There is only one account in my laptop, which is selected as administrator but when i try to run the command "net localgroup administrators" in the cmd it show the administrators account named dell as i am having dell laptop, where as the name of my account is PIYUSH...
  9. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"
  10. Lost all Admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Admin rights.: Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him...