Windows 10: No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?

Discus and support No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was trying to install a client when I got an error message saying that I do not have the required permissions in the D: drive and I need to do this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by YOSH139, Jun 14, 2020.

1. YOSH139 Win User

No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?

I was trying to install a client when I got an error message saying that I do not have the required permissions in the D: drive and I need to do this in my user folder instead. I found no other solution than to allow full access to the drive in the "Administrator" account, my Microsoft account (even in the Windows settings this is the administrator) as a simple user. Now everything works as usual but why does my actual admin account have no more rights? What could have caused this? Must I consider this a dangerous security problem?

(P.S. I installed a "Cumulative Windows Update" yesterday and also did a full antivirus scan of McAfee Livesafe. No problems found. I uninstalled the update again but it didn't do anything ;-)

:)

YOSH139, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 14, 2020
  4. alexp999 Win User

Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

Cant you just set the account as an admin account??

alexp999, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - admin rights despite

2. Service Account Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  3. Service Account Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  4. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  5. Admin rights Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin rights Windows 10: Is there a way to restore admin rights without having to re-install windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-rights-windows-10/c71fda0e-f8e5-43cd-9a73-250152c6f7ff
  6. Windows 10 Admin rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin rights: While doing certain tasks on my computer, a prompt ask for admin credentials. After entering the correct password I am denied access. I checked my user accts. and I can't access the admin acct. Any ideas?...
  7. Windows 10: Admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Admin rights: For some time I've been unable to save files to my "Downloads" folder for some reason, I ignored it since pretty much all other directories could work to save files. Error translates as follows: "You do not have permission to save in this location. Request permission to...
  8. Windows 10 Admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Admin rights: Hi All, I just started using Windows 10 and I'm having issues with giving my account admin rights. I have a local account at the moment. Under Settings > Accounts, I don't have the option to add family & members. When I try to manage my Microsoft account online and add a...
  9. Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights: The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights. The network...
  10. No admin rights for admin account after clean install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin rights for admin account after clean install: Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or...