Windows 10: No admin rights for admin account after clean install

Discus and support No admin rights for admin account after clean install in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hydra, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hydra Win User

No admin rights for admin account after clean install

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

:)

Hydra, Aug 7, 2016

2. Use admin account with admin rights disabled

Hi Vincent,

We suggest that you check the article below as a guide on how to create a local user account in Windows 10.

Create a local user account in Windows 10.

Keep us posted.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Use admin account with admin rights disabled

Create a new standard user account the guest account is limited.

OctavianQR, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

No admin rights for admin account after clean install

1. No admin rights for admin account after clean install - Similar Threads - admin rights admin

2. Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin rights: Hi, I recently bought my laptop and I logged in using my account..but whenever I try to open a program it says first put in administrator username and password, when im the sign in page there are no other accounts , only mine..and whenever I try to run a program it says I am...
  3. No Admin rights

No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  4. Service Account Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  5. Service Account Admin Rights

Service Account Admin Rights: We're currently working on locking down our service accounts to least privileged by creating new policies on account creation and use. We're focusing on three categories at this time, interactive, set to all computers and admin rights on servers. I haven't been able to find...
  6. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  7. No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?: I was trying to install a client when I got an error message saying that I do not have the required permissions in the D: drive and I need to do this in my user folder instead. I found no other solution than to allow full access to the drive in the "Administrator" account, my...
  8. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  9. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  10. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"