Windows 10: No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box

Discus and support No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a user who has set-up their windows 10 pc out-of-the-box, but I think what they did was when set-up asks for the administrator account it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeasiderII, Jan 31, 2021.

1. No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box

I have a user who has set-up their windows 10 pc out-of-the-box, but I think what they did was when set-up asks for the administrator account it's been a while but I think you would normally call the account 'administrator' they called it a user name. I cant 'activate' the admin account with net user. I also cant create any more users on the machine.

I have tried a refresh boot but the original account is still there. I think the only thing I can do is flatten the PC and start again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

SeasiderII, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box :(

Zakin, Jan 31, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box

Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box

1. No administrator account in windows 10 pc out-of-the-box - Similar Threads - administrator account box

2. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  3. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  4. Locked out of administrative account

Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  5. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  6. Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges: Windows 10 Home: would like to have one account as an administrator and one as a standard local user with no administrative permissions. I have the accounts set up like I would like them, however the standard user has permissions to modify account types and can make...
  7. Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges

Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges: Windows 10 Home: would like to have one account as an administrator and one as a standard local user with no administrative permissions. I have the accounts set up like I would like them, however the standard user has permissions to modify account types and can make...
  8. Windows 10 Lock account out of administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Locked out of Administrator Windows 10 Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Administrator Windows 10 Account: I can't log in to my Windows 10 home account. The pin is not working either. I can sign into my windows online account fine, but I'm not 100% sure that the Windows 10 home account is a local account. I've tried shift, restart and then trying to go into safe mode, but it...
  10. Locked out administrator account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out administrator account in Windows 10: Hello, I have three users. one is administrator and two are users group. I tried many times wrong password and now account (admin) is disabled. I should unlock it explicitly. but other users are limited. How can unlock administrator account? (I'm learning windows 10 and...