Windows 10: no administrator account on laptop

Discus and support no administrator account on laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had a windows 10 laptop connected to a corporate domain and had a domain user as the administrator. This was a new laptop for a new user. The windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RCDAWebmaster, Jul 28, 2021.

1. no administrator account on laptop

I had a windows 10 laptop connected to a corporate domain and had a domain user as the administrator. This was a new laptop for a new user. The windows is 10 enterprise. I was about to hand it off to the new user when I was informed that the user was not a domain user and they needed to be made a local user. I created a local user for the individual and removed the PC from the domain. I can login to the laptop using the local account, but the account is a user not an administrator. The local administrator account is disabled. I can not reattach the PC to the domain. I can't reinstall windows, I can't do anything.

:)

RCDAWebmaster, Jul 28, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 28, 2021
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

no administrator account on laptop

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

no administrator account on laptop

1. no administrator account on laptop - Similar Threads - administrator account laptop

2. Removing the only administrator account on this laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing the only administrator account on this laptop: I have looked at previous solutions on here with no success. I only have the one microsoft account on my old laptop, and I’d like to remove it. But my account is the administrator. I’ve tried looking up how to remove my account as the administrator but there has been no luck....
  3. Removing the only administrator account on this laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing the only administrator account on this laptop: I have looked at previous solutions on here with no success. I only have the one microsoft account on my old laptop, and I’d like to remove it. But my account is the administrator. I’ve tried looking up how to remove my account as the administrator but there has been no luck....
  4. Removing the only administrator account on this laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?: (It won't let me post on r/techsupport. So sorry, but I need this: my laptop means the world to me.) So, my Windows 10, Acer laptop is doing that glitch where it just constantly restarts. Now, I followed a YouTube tutorial on how to fix the issue. And it worked- well,...
  6. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  7. administrator is laptop & can't change it to microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator is laptop & can't change it to microsoft account: I have tried several "help" from Microsoft & HP - not helpful - just try to sell me Smartfriend or Azure. This computer is still under warranty so why do I have to pay for help when their help screwed it up?! I have refreshed, re-downloaded windows 10 several times, but...
  8. Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Account: Please help my account isnt shown here as an administrator although it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account/0bfd3b46-a00b-4a6c-99b8-b093755b8165
  9. No administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No administrator account: I'm stuck in a blue screen that says you need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there arent any administrator accounts on this PC. I can't go any further than this and I would really wish someone can advise me on how to get my pc started again....
  10. Can't Login To administrator account on Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Login To administrator account on Laptop: Hello I've been having some issues with logging in for weeks because I don't know the password To My laptop,It's a Republic of gamers gl753ve laptop,I've tried going into safe mode by pressing shift and restart and tried doing a command prompt "rstrui.exe" but that doesn't do...