Windows 10: No Administrator Permission

Discus and support No Administrator Permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm unable to download Edge, delete or alter any programs. I am not recognized as Administrator and there is no way to change my status. I am using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lu Ann2, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Lu Ann2 Win User

No Administrator Permission

I'm unable to download Edge, delete or alter any programs. I am not recognized as Administrator and there is no way to change my status. I am using Windows 10 and have just updated May 2020. Each time I try to alter anything I get a pop up that says I need administrator permission but it doesn't give my a space to do that, pop up just shows "NO". This is a personal computer that is about 4-5 years old, with only myself using it. What changed in the past week is beyond me. I am not even allowed to do a system restore....help!

:)

Lu Ann2, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. No Administrator Permission - Similar Threads - Administrator Permission

2. How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?: How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-needs-administrator/e01eecd7-57b2-4d8c-9e92-31d4870533fc
  3. How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?: How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-needs-administrator/e01eecd7-57b2-4d8c-9e92-31d4870533fc
  4. How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  6. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  7. Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  8. Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...: I am trying to save a file into my computer but it seems that someone created Administrator account on my laptop without me knowing and I am unable to change folder permission...
  9. Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...

Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...: I am trying to save a file into my computer but it seems that someone created Administrator account on my laptop without me knowing and I am unable to change folder permission...
  10. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...