Windows 10: No Advanced Restart Options

Discus and support No Advanced Restart Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

No Advanced Restart Options

I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up.

I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK (see below). I'm not sure what else to check and I'm wondering if this week's cumulative update has broken something.

No Advanced Restart Options [​IMG]

Note the command reagentc / boottre does work. Go figure.

:)

Steve C, Sep 14, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

NO RESPONCE FROM ADVANCED OPTIONS

Yes Jock you can use that tool to perform an in-place repair Upgrade . . .

Start the Media Creation Tool

Choose 'Create media for another PC'

Choose ISO rather than USB

When the ISO has downloaded:

Double click the ISO to mount it onto a virtual Drive

Double click Setup.exe on the virtual drive

Click 'Upgrade; when setup begins . . .

DaveM121, Sep 14, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    NO RESPONCE FROM ADVANCED OPTIONS

OK Jock . . .

DaveM121, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I solved it. I entered these commands. Reagentc reported it was already enabled but the Advanced Boot options now appear.

• diskpart
    • select disk 0
    • select partition 1
    • assign letter=R
    • exit
    • reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windows

Steve C, Sep 14, 2017
Thema:

1. No Advanced Restart Options - Similar Threads - Advanced Restart Options

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  4. Advanced Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Bott Advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bott Advanced options: Hi I have set my windows 10 with AMD dual core processor with the following boot options:Number of processors selected Yes 2Maximum memory selected Yes 0Apart from booting quicker the overall performance is like it is on steroids!Are these settings safe to use?Many thanks...
  6. Bott Advanced options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bott Advanced options: Hi I have set my windows 10 with AMD dual core processor with the following boot options:Number of processors selected Yes 2Maximum memory selected Yes 0Apart from booting quicker the overall performance is like it is on steroids!Are these settings safe to use?Many thanks...
  7. Stuck in advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in advanced options: Hello, My Windows 10 is stuck in advanced options. I can use my keyboard and mouse. The only two options are, A. Shut down, or B. Touble Shooting. I have tried all forms of troubleshooting, but every attempt has given me no progress. There is no reset pc option. Nor rollback...
  8. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  9. No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting: Hello, On one PC in my home, when I try to access Safe Mode. My usual procedure is to hold down the Shift key, then click restart. However, this doesn't work. In the image below, I'm only given the option to shut down the computer. So, my only work around has been to force...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998