Windows 10: No Advanced Restart Options

Discus and support No Advanced Restart Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

No Advanced Restart Options

I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up.

I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK (see below). I'm not sure what else to check and I'm wondering if this week's cumulative update has broken something.

No Advanced Restart Options [​IMG]

Note the command reagentc / boottre does work. Go figure.

:)

Steve C, Sep 14, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

NO RESPONCE FROM ADVANCED OPTIONS

Yes Jock you can use that tool to perform an in-place repair Upgrade . . .

Start the Media Creation Tool

Choose 'Create media for another PC'

Choose ISO rather than USB

When the ISO has downloaded:

Double click the ISO to mount it onto a virtual Drive

Double click Setup.exe on the virtual drive

Click 'Upgrade; when setup begins . . .

DaveM121, Sep 14, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    NO RESPONCE FROM ADVANCED OPTIONS

OK Jock . . .

DaveM121, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I solved it. I entered these commands. Reagentc reported it was already enabled but the Advanced Boot options now appear.

• diskpart
    • select disk 0
    • select partition 1
    • assign letter=R
    • exit
    • reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windows

Steve C, Sep 14, 2017
Thema:

1. No Advanced Restart Options - Similar Threads - Advanced Restart Options

2. Not able to see Command prompt in Advance options after Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to see Command prompt in Advance options after Restart: I am not able to see Command prompt in Advance options after Restart, i want run a script in Windows RE through that to fix my software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-see-command-prompt-in-advance-options/d9e1a5dd-83b3-4599-aa0d-d1672faa1f36
  3. Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable: I was looking at an article on how one can reset a windows password if you've forgotten it by going into Advanced Startup Press the shift key + restart to boot to Advanced Startup Select Troubleshoot Select Advance Options Select Command prompt And then running some...
  4. Printer Advanced Options missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Advanced Options missing: After my latest Windows 10 update I am no longer to scale my print and the print on front and back option is missing from the options. I've removed my HP printer then reinstalled it and it tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a known solution? I saw this issue...
  5. Advanced Options missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Options missing: My Advanced Options when i open Troubleshoot only show startup setting, When restart, i press F8 then always open to startup setting. I want use command prompt but it not show! Please help me! Thank for everyone [ATTACH]...
  6. No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting: Hello, On one PC in my home, when I try to access Safe Mode. My usual procedure is to hold down the Shift key, then click restart. However, this doesn't work. In the image below, I'm only given the option to shut down the computer. So, my only work around has been to force...
  7. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...
  8. Advance boot options empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Advance boot options empty: I installed Windows 10 Education edition via USB(not an upgrade). Whenever I try to go into the advanced boot menu by holding shift and clicking on restart, the only option I am given is "Turn off your PC". I have formatted and reflashed my computer with an latest windows iso...
  9. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998