Windows 10: No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in

Discus and support No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Pretty much the exact issue I'm having, but the workaround proposed isn't available in my specific app. After updating from 1511 to 1903, I found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GrayStrider, Nov 9, 2019.

1. No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in

Pretty much the exact issue I'm having, but the workaround proposed isn't available in my specific app.

After updating from 1511 to 1903, I found out that the alarm clock I've been using wakes up the PC as it did before, but doesn't make any sound until I sign in with my password. I assume the workaround would be to disable "require password after waking up", but I'd rather avoid doing that for security purposes.

What are the ways I could diagnose the issue?

:)

GrayStrider, Nov 9, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping

Hi, you could use a scheduled task:
    How to Make Your PC Wake From Sleep Automatically

or you could install a freeware clock alarm
    From Comfort Software: If you need alarm clock software for Windows, this is the software you are looking for. Free Alarm Clock supports unlimited number of alarms so that you are not restricted to the number of alarms you can have. Alarms that you set will sound even if computer goes to sleep. While your PC is sleeping and the time comes to activate your alarm, Free Alarm Clock will wake your PC up. The alarm clock can remind you about important events by playing your favorite music and showing a notification message. You can set alarm volume level to a comfortable level depending on the time of the day.
    Free Alarm Clock for Windows

Note the universal Alarms and Clock seems specified not to wake your PC.

dalchina, Nov 9, 2019
  3. ensecozz Win User
    Alarm not sounding

Having the issue too!!!

HTC Mozart T8698 (OS: 7.0.7392.0)

• [unplugged] - let's wp7 alarm for 3-4 times. then the sound is gone, only the vibration is left working. I need to soft reset to fix the problem.
    • [plugged] - seem to have no problem. the Alarm sound is increasing to maximum as it goes
    • I also noticed the sound is lacking sometime. Some part of the alarm sound is missing during the alarming. It is like the alarming eating up the resource upto 100% and cannot play the alarm sound smoothly. - -" What is wrong with the alarming???
    To Microsoft,

This is just a basic function of Mobile Phone. Please fix it immediately. Don't make customer to wait until Mango update to fix it. Very bad experience for users.

ensecozz, Nov 9, 2019
  4. No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in

PC woken up from sleep with no source of wake

Hi,

Since there was nothing wrong with the power options or profiles, a software might have triggered your PC to be woken up. We suggest that you perform a clean boot and see if it'll make a difference. You can check this
    article to learn how to do so.

Disclaimer: Run your computer normally after performing clean boot by following the steps on
    How to reset your computer after clean boot troubleshooting at the middle part of the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in

1. No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in - Similar Threads - alarm sound woken

2. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  3. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  4. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  5. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  6. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping: Hi, so recently this issue started on my PC, when PC wakes up after falling asleep no sound can be heard. I got headphones connected via USB, reproductors via jack and even one my displays can play audio, I can select whichever of them I want from my sound options,...
  8. Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.: When I wake my computer up from sleep the apps will be there but other than that it behaves like a normal startup after shutdown. After awhile it will only respond t the power button. Once it wakes up it re loads everything. Another thing it does is it will go through the...
  9. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  10. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...