Windows 10: No applicable app licenses found for Gears 5 on Game Pass windows 11

Discus and support No applicable app licenses found for Gears 5 on Game Pass windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I made the switch from windows 10 to 11 a day ago, but I'm running into a new problem I haven't experienced before for specifically gears 5 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hobomanj, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Hobomanj Win User

No applicable app licenses found for Gears 5 on Game Pass windows 11

Hello! I made the switch from windows 10 to 11 a day ago, but I'm running into a new problem I haven't experienced before for specifically gears 5 on game pass. Upon launching gears 5, near the end of easy anti-cheat completing loading I get the message "No applicable app licenses found". This is so far only an issue for gears 5 as Halo mcc runs fine It's the only other game I have installed at the moment, so this could be an issue for other games, I'm not too sure . I've looked this problems up and the couple of solutions I've tried haven't worked I'll link the articles I followed belowht

:)

Hobomanj, Jan 24, 2022

2. Gears 5 won't open. Re-directs to "Gaming Services"App

After successfully playing Gears 5 through the Windows Store (with Game Pass subscription) for a number of days, the game stopped launching. When trying to launch it, I am redirected to a Windows Store page for "Gaming Services", something it says I already
    have installed. This is true if I try to launch the game from the start menu, or from the store page for Gears 5 itself. Trying to launch Gears 5 from my list of "Installed" apps on the Windows Store does nothing.

I have tried resetting the app a number of times, in addition to signing out and back into my windows store account associated with the game pass subscription.

One snag I may be causing here is that my primary PC account is different from my Xbox Live / Windows Store account I am using to play. I have not however seen any postings similar to this issue online after many searches, and I'm unsure how to address this
    issue if thats the case.

Thank you!

coolgames456, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Arkhira Win User
    Gears 5 Xbox Gamepass PC freezing constantly

Hi Greg,

1. Store Apps troubleshooter at Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

Result: Nothing found and suggestion was to reset an application. For the Xbox app I ran Reset -> Repair.

2. Check if there's an Update for the game in Microsoft Store app, from the Settings at the top right ... three dots, then Updates.
    Result: One update was found for the Store and Gears 5. Updated both.

3.Hardware stress test
    Results: Prime95 @ 1 hour - Pass/Stable, Cinebench R20 - Pass/Stable, Heaven Unigine @ 1 hour - Stable/Pass, Memtest86 - Passed

I will try Gears 5 again with and without the Razer programs running. Gears 5 supports Razer Chroma SDK so Gamepass apps should not be crashing with it running. I will update how I make out.

Arkhira, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

#XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

1. No applicable app licenses found for Gears 5 on Game Pass windows 11 - Similar Threads - applicable app licenses

2. No applicable app licenses found for Gears 5 on Game Pass windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No applicable app licenses found for Gears 5 on Game Pass windows 11: Hello! I made the switch from windows 10 to 11 a day ago, but I'm running into a new problem I haven't experienced before for specifically gears 5 on game pass. Upon launching gears 5, near the end of easy anti-cheat completing loading I get the message "No applicable app...
  3. No applicable license found

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No applicable license found: Hello! Last night I bought the game Among us, it was all correct, I could play it without problem, until today it began to say that there is no applied license and it is beginning to worry me....
  4. Gears 5

Gears 5: i bought gear of war 5 on steam and it wont launch it says windows cannot find'shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwel!App' i need help fixing this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/d79d8e6b-843e-48aa-9d55-95a2919d53ae
  5. Gears 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gears 5: Everyime i try and load on online game in versus it trys then times out and saod there was an error connecting. Im connected to tye internet pleaee help this is on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/7735ed79-9a72-407c-bd2a-e2cd7d9f290a
  6. Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game: Every time Gears 5 needs an update I open the Windows Store & go to downloads. The update freezes early in the process & never continues to download. The last time this happened I had to reinstall the entire game in order to get it working again & I don't want to keep doing...
  7. Gears 5 PC (Using Game Pass Ultimate) Unplayable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gears 5 PC (Using Game Pass Ultimate) Unplayable: I have been having this issue for the last couple of weeks, where I will load up a game of Gears 5 (Campaign) and it will run smooth as butter for about 10-15 seconds, before dropping from 60-90fps to 18-20fps. Then freeze entirely. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to slowly quit...
  8. gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gears 5: Hi, i bought gears 5 from the store on win 10. When i go to the store it says i own the game, but it wont let me install it. tried several times, restarted my pc, signed out and back in on the app, nothing works. can you help?...
  9. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues: I have browsed the other threads on this, and have even created my own, but nothing so far has worked. My issue started on the 7th, when I tried to launch Gears V. Nothing happened. Opened task manager and saw that a windows app named Gaming Service was running 3x in the...
  10. Coming Soon Xbox Game Pass for Console: Gears 5, Dead Cells, and More

in Windows 10 News
    Coming Soon Xbox Game Pass for Console: Gears 5, Dead Cells, and More: [ATTACH] We’ve been doing this for a while now, so let’s pretend we’re new and we don’t know each other. Spice it up a little. Hi! We’re Xbox Game Pass, and we bring you console games, PC games, and spicy memes. We like long walks on the beach (if we have to walk along a...