Windows 10: No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help!

Discus and support No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm completely unable to launch ANY installed applications from my HDD or my new SSD that I bought on the advice of a local repair shop (they told me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lukasafra, Jan 16, 2021.

1. lukasafra Win User

No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help!

I'm completely unable to launch ANY installed applications from my HDD or my new SSD that I bought on the advice of a local repair shop (they told me the problem was likely to do with the HDD itself, as opposed to my computer). I'm guessing it has something to do with my program files registry (though I'm probably wrong about that). You can see everything I've tried in the previous thread I had here a few months ago:
    Can't Launch ANY Apps from D: Drive!

Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: If It's an issue with BIOS, I'm screwed. There is no way for me to access it on this computer, as far as I've tried.

:)

lukasafra, Jan 16, 2021

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 16, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 16, 2021
  4. lukasafra Win User

Can't Launch ANY Apps from D: Drive!

No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help! [​IMG]

lukasafra, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help! - Similar Threads - Apps launching Drive

2. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My D drive is missing! Please Help!?: I recently replaced the Charger Port for my Lenovo Laptop... the port now works fine, however it had to error check... it finishes the first time... i pick it up to log in... it clicks... and everything shuts off at once, no shutdown, nothing... just off... some time later,...
  3. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive is missing! Please Help!?: I recently replaced the Charger Port for my Lenovo Laptop... the port now works fine, however it had to error check... it finishes the first time... i pick it up to log in... it clicks... and everything shuts off at once, no shutdown, nothing... just off... some time later,...
  4. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. E/D Drive Is Not Working Correctly, Please Help?

E/D Drive Is Not Working Correctly, Please Help?: So lately my epic games has been slow, it wouldnt uninstalled so i did something stupid and deleted the files manually, i dont think they all deleted, but i thought it was fine, this morning i booted up my pc and tried to reinstall epic games, it gave me an error saying...
  6. My D Drive completely disappeared please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive completely disappeared please help!!!: I restarted my pc and went I came back to launch a game, is said that the file couldn’t be found and i go to look at my files and my D drive is completely gone. Please help me get it back. submitted by /u/Thicx- [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't Launch ANY Apps from D: Drive!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Launch ANY Apps from D: Drive!: Any time I try and open a .exe for any program under my D: I get nothing. No window, no error code, no permissions request. I've formatted and reset, I've updated my drivers, given full administrative permissions across the board, I've tried everything. It wasn't happening...
  8. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  9. D drive is missing.. please help!

D drive is missing.. please help!: Hello, A little over a month ago the D drive on my computer (Asus Notebook PC, Windows 10) would disappear occasionally but when I rebooted the computer it would reappear and work normally, until one day it just completely disappeared and has not come back. I am okay with...
  10. Launch app from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Launch app from USB drive: I have just gotten Windows 10 Surface Pro(2017) which comes with 512GB SSD drive. I want to create a data partition out of this SSD. I know the W10 utility(disk management) appears to allow this, but I want to use a utility I have used for long time. My problem is that the...