Windows 10: no apps running or programs literally nothing and my ssd is running hot , what the problem !!!!

Discus and support no apps running or programs literally nothing and my ssd is running hot , what the problem !!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/abdelbskoo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/abdelbskoo, Feb 14, 2021.

1. no apps running or programs literally nothing and my ssd is running hot , what the problem !!!!

/u/abdelbskoo, Feb 14, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Problems with apps running.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know the application that you downloaded to open .Rar files.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset the Windows Store and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to
    help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Joe9090 Win User

no apps running or programs literally nothing and my ssd is running hot , what the problem !!!!

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

no apps running or programs literally nothing and my ssd is running hot , what the problem !!!!

1. no apps running or programs literally nothing and my ssd is running hot , what the problem !!!! - Similar Threads - apps running programs

2. My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.: My computer is the AUSU ROG Zeyphyrus M16 gaming laptop and the CPU seems to be running hot even after doing some cleaning and self diagnostics. I've even gotten new thermal paste applied as it did needed it. I checked to see if all my drivers are up to date and it is.My GPU...
  3. My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.: My computer is the AUSU ROG Zeyphyrus M16 gaming laptop and the CPU seems to be running hot even after doing some cleaning and self diagnostics. I've even gotten new thermal paste applied as it did needed it. I checked to see if all my drivers are up to date and it is.My GPU...
  4. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.: Most comments about laptop heat lead to suggestions on how to clean out dust and elevate the machine to keep it running cooler. My question is not about how to prevent but why heat happens intermittently, that is, once in a while. I can run it for hours with it barely warm,...
  5. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.: Most comments about laptop heat lead to suggestions on how to clean out dust and elevate the machine to keep it running cooler. My question is not about how to prevent but why heat happens intermittently, that is, once in a while. I can run it for hours with it barely warm,...
  6. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 running hot?

Windows 11 running hot?: I installed windows 11 on my PC from the microsoft download site. All went well, but I've noticed 2 potential problem already. 1. Windows Hello that worked fine in 10 now says I have to be closer for it to recognize me. So I have to lean forward in my chair every time I log...
  8. Running Optimize literally does nothing; in PS it yields an error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running Optimize literally does nothing; in PS it yields an error: After doing a clean install of Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.906) and fully updating it, and updating all of the Dell drivers from Dell.com, I tried the following Optimize and Defrag options from How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10...
  9. is my pc running too hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is my pc running too hot: so is my pc running to hot[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-pc-running-too-hot/0a489ccd-1376-45ec-8dab-327042cb19da
  10. Is my CPU running too hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CPU running too hot?: I have an Intel NUC. Recently, shortly after I started watching video in Firefox, the computer shut down suddenly. I suspected that it was thermal overload, so the next time I started my computer I looked at the CPU temps using Open Hardware Monitor. They range from 60C to...