Windows 10: No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad

Discus and support No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a ASUS laptop which there where only Asus Smart Gestures but sadly, it sucks. So when looking for a alternative I found that I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/baZoniic, Jan 31, 2021.

1. No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad

Hello. I have a ASUS laptop which there where only Asus Smart Gestures but sadly, it sucks. So when looking for a alternative I found that I should just install a driver for another computer (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/b1i6a6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_terrible_asus_smart/) but sadly nothing worked. The touchpad on my laptop wasn't labeled as ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad but just "ASUS Touchpad". I've tried many drivers, this was months ago but I gave up. Now I'm trying to fix it again, please give any suggestions that might help.

submitted by /u/baZoniic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/baZoniic, Jan 31, 2021
  2. JLesiczka Win User

Asus Smart Gesture makes my touchpad disappear

Hello, my Elan touchpad driver stopped working and I've tried to install Asus Smart Gesture to be able to use advanced touchpad options. Unfortunatelly after when I start my laptop after hobernation touchpad does not work. I need to restart my computer,
    and after few restarts is stops to work completely. After repairing registry and uninstaling Elan driver and Asus Smart Gesture it works again, but I do nto have all the options. Is there a solution to my problem?

JLesiczka, Jan 31, 2021
  3. OrinS Win User
    Unable to install Asus smart gesture driver on Windows 10

I have the Asus U56E laptop. I had the same problem with getting this error message every time I tried to install the Windows 10 Smart Gesture driver.

What finally worked for me was going to this web page, Asus U56E Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and scrolling
    down to the "Mouse and Touchpad Drivers" section. I then downloaded the "ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad" driver, which seems to be for Windows 8.1. When
    I ran the downloaded Setup program it installed a new version of Smart Gesture, and now everything works just as well as with Windows 7.

The ELAN driver may not work for all Asus laptops, some of which may have Synaptics touchpads. But there are drivers for those on the same web page. If none of those work you may wish to go to web page, Asus Laptops & Desktops Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP,
    and select the laptop model there.

Hope this helps.

OrinS, Jan 31, 2021
  4. No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad

touchpad drivers - asus smart gesture `

i cannot use asus smart gesture in windows 10 after upgrading. In previous version it worked well. whenever i install asus smart gesture my touchpad doesnt work . even wholes touchpad doesnt work also my laptop cant respond. ive
    tried other version of smart gesture but didnt work even i refresh my pc to factory reset twice but it doesnt work. please help

mohsintheba, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad

1. No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad - Similar Threads - ASUS Smart Gestures

2. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  3. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  4. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Asus Smart Gesture

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus Smart Gesture: My Asus Eebook 205ta has been giving me issues regarding the touchpad/mouse..the curser has a blinking bottle at the side as if another process is trying to load...the only way of stopping it is by going into task manager and clicking on ASUS Smart Gesture and hitting end...
  6. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  7. ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures: Hi I can't find a way to turn on touchpad gestures. Have previously been able to use Have tried updating/repairing drivers In settings there is no option only a link to website about gestures. Can anyone suggest a solution? Regards...
  8. Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working

Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Lenovo's website - no luck. I can't find anything that helps on Microsoft website. Please help!...
  9. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  10. I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture: I uninstalled the smart gesture by accident After i downloaded it again and try to installed it Before finished, i had asked to install synaptic pointing device But it stopped at the agreement and i can't continued it Thank you for the answer !! [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do I need elantech control on asuslaptop