Windows 10: No ATA Channels

Discus and support No ATA Channels in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i formatted my pc, but there is no ata channels under ide ata/atapi controllers (my main pc,20h2) 177453 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by efe, May 4, 2021.

1. EFE
    efe Win User

No ATA Channels

i formatted my pc, but there is no ata channels under ide ata/atapi controllers (my main pc,20h2)

:)

2. Vijay1700 Win User

Removing both ATA Channel 0 and ATA Channel 1 drivers, causes DVD/HDD issues

I have an LG DVD Writer/Burner (GH22NS50), which according to the manufacturer's rep works 100% fine in Windows 10 only when I remove both ATA Channel 0 and ATA Channel 1 drivers, but every time I uninstall and reboot, they both
    automatically loads somehow! How to prevent this? By the by, my device GH22NS50 was first missing from the "This PC" Then, I resolved the problem, but when I used many burning software to burn a rewritable DVD, few just showed a successful burn but in "This
    PC" it was showing no data whatsoever (completely blank!)

If I update the device driver by right clicking on the Device Manager using Search Automatically option, I think it installs, by default, driver for CD-ROM drive!

If I remove the ATA Channel 0 and ATA Channel 1 drivers from my PC, my 2 HDDs are not to be visible in "This PC"!

Running Hardware and Devices Troubleshoot did not detect nor worked to resolve this issue!

Enabling the DVD drive in the BIOS did not work!

Uninstalling the present driver, then searching for hardware changes and updating the driver for the same did not work!

Reinstalling the official CD driver, which also contains CyberLink software also did not work!

I am sure device is fine No ATA Channels :)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Vijay1700, May 5, 2021
  3. slance310 Win User
    Removing both ATA Channel 0 and ATA Channel 1 drivers, causes DVD/HDD issues

Hi,

You might want to check out your SATA Controller drivers...

Do you by chance have TWO Channel 0 and Channel 1 ?

My machine does because it has two different SATA Controllers...

Is it possible that those two SATA Channels are configured as "RAID" in your Bios, or are using a RAID driver instead of a standard AHCI\ATA\IDE setting ?

BTW... CyberLink has been known to cause issues with CD\DVD drives after a major upgrade to another Windows Build...

If I remember the programs causing issues may be PowerDVD and possibly Power2Go..

I think this was version 10, but there may be others...

slance310, May 5, 2021
  4. No ATA Channels

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Team ZigZag,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I am not sure which listing in Device Manager is the one I need to update.

Is it

ATA Channel 0?

Thank you!

Mark

Markpowellseattlerain, May 5, 2021
Thema:

No ATA Channels

1. No ATA Channels - Similar Threads - ATA Channels

2. After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on all storage and IDE/ATA controllers + Display...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on all storage and IDE/ATA controllers + Display...: HiI have a brand new motherboard and processor which I installed last March. ASUS Prime B460-Plus latest UEFI Biosi5-10400WD BLUE NAND SSD 500TB 5 months oldWD My Passport external HDD 4 months oldOLD WD HDD on PCIe adapterWindows 10 PRO 20h2 all up to date.All latest...
  3. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on HP Pavilion with no IDE ATA/ATAPI controller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on HP Pavilion with no IDE ATA/ATAPI controller: I was gifted an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx. It worked great for many months then began to get a BSOD within minutes of trying to play game with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch the original OS and doing all updates...
  4. Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device - Driver Support

Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device - Driver Support: Hey all! Could anyone help me with identify what this driver is used for? Do I need it? Will it help with stability and if so where can I find it? I remember looking around the web and finding a driver but since it a much older driver some of the websites seem a bit sketchy...
  5. USB to ATA/ATAPI bridge how to make it work so I can put fils in it

USB to ATA/ATAPI bridge how to make it work so I can put fils in it: I connected a seagate sata hard drive on a external box and when I plug it in the pc on my usb port it show it as a USB to ATA/ATAPI bridge and I can not open it...
  6. Change Windows 10 install FROM AHCI to IDE/ATA after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Windows 10 install FROM AHCI to IDE/ATA after installation: I need to change an existing Windows 10 Home 64-bit installation startup drive from AHCI to IDE a step backwards, but is needed to accommodate another operating system in a multi-boot environment. I do not wish to install Windows 10 again. I am able to change the motherboard...
  7. HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70H ATA Driver Win 10 Home

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70H ATA Driver Win 10 Home: Need driver, Windows says current is unsigned. My DVD is not recognized. Help please, **** Berry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hl-dt-st-dvdram-gh70h-ata-driver-win-10-home/bf82001b-e9b7-409f-94af-9db21bc2facb
  8. Оптический привод K:\ HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20 ATA Device не читает cd и dvd диски

Оптический привод K:\ HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20 ATA Device не читает cd и dvd диски: Оптический привод K:\ HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20 ATA Device не читает cd и dvd диски . Была windows xp - слушал музыку cd и смотрел видео dvd . Перешёл на Windows 10 - не читает cd и dvd диски --те ,которые раньше воспроизводил ! Привод в системе отображается , ОС...
  9. ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2

ATA Channels 0 and 1 showing twice - SSD AHCI + WD Normal HD both SATA 2: I have a Q9550 running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3Rmotherboard. I recently learned that my Samsung EVO 850 SSD was incorrectly using IDE. I changed the registry and bios to AHCI for the SSD, however, I'm now seeing two channels for 0 and 1 in my device manager. One...
  10. I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers,my PC not Starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers,my PC not Starting: Hello, I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers because CD/DVD drive didn't shown up in my pc and when I did it the pc restart automatically and this message appear for me"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and...