Windows 10: No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed

Discus and support No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. I subsequently upgraded it to Windows 10 with no issues. Recently, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BDNADLER, Apr 7, 2021.

1. BDNADLER Win User

No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed

I have a Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. I subsequently upgraded it to Windows 10 with no issues. Recently, my Toshiba Satellite has been getting slower and slower so I decided to do a soft reboot using the "Keep My Files" option. The reset went through without any problem. After my Satellite reset I discovered that I had no audio. In order to address this issue I did the following.

Open Device Manager

Click on "Other Devices"

Right Click on Audio Devices on High Definition Audio Bus

Click on "Update Drivers"

Click on "Search Automatically for Drivers"

Windows provided the following response

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device."

"Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them."

"IDT High Definition Audio CODEC"

I repeated the steps except this time I clicked on "Browse for drivers on your computer". Only being unsuccessful in finding any drivers.

UPDATE, I tried manual mode again, found the CODEC file. Installed it and I am now LISTENING to a video on YouTube as clearly as the day my Satellite was new. I am going to do a reboot and hope this fix stays put.

If it does, I hope the steps I went through will help others, like myself. Just one final note. I am a senior citizen. It is usually the young kinds who figure this out. This time, it was done by a senior.

:)

BDNADLER, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 7, 2021
  3. tiendat Win User

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed :(.

tiendat, Apr 7, 2021
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed

Everything is working *Smile No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed :)

JoeBoyka, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed - Similar Threads - Audio doing Soft

2. Audio Extremely Soft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Extremely Soft: Hey there, I have a weird issue where my audio seems soft in games, Google etc. But, the volume isn't that bad in "Sounds" settings when I did the test. Can someone help me out? I've tried troubleshooting and changing enhancements to loudness equalisation but I'm still having...
  3. lenovo laptop stick on Attempting to recover installation' screen after failed attempt...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lenovo laptop stick on Attempting to recover installation' screen after failed attempt...: I attempted to updated windows 10 2004. after 15 hours it stuck on 17% I swtiched off laptop. Now it is constantaly on a loop restarting and attempting to recover installation screen, it is Lenovo ideapad 100s, pre installed windows 10 bought 2018 I have tried reboot...
  4. Windows 10 Failed install attempts 0x80071a2d

Windows 10 Failed install attempts 0x80071a2d: Hi, While I have been seeing regular successful updates but receiving numerous failed install attempts for months in my PC Windows 10 version 1903. Recent failed attempts are KB4552931, KB4556799, KB4549951 and KB4551762 Please advice....
  5. Attempts at Resetting Windows 10 failing over and over again.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempts at Resetting Windows 10 failing over and over again.: After getting the Blue Screen of Death with 'bad system config info' as the error code, I tried a whole host of solutions, none of which have worked. Every attempt to completely wipe the computer is met with 'there was a problem resetting your computer' or I get dumped back...
  6. Replacement Audio Driver.

Replacement Audio Driver.: On a recent update February 28, 2020, I lost my current Audio driver, which muted Cortana an Alexa, How do I get a functional Audio Driver. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion Laptop. I have checked all of the settings and am sure the problem is the Audio Driver...
  7. windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.: Windows 10 has attempted to do an upgrade and failed, now computer is trying to undo the upgrade and has been trying to do this for several hours . It seems to be stuck. cannot do anything on the computer. any ideas about how to clear it?...
  8. Audio driver issues after reset

Audio driver issues after reset: My laptop was stuck on the automatic repair loop, so I reset my laptop and found that my audio drivers were changed to Realtek Endpoint (pretty sure it was Realtek HD Audio before) Ever since my microphone has been having problems, as my voice keeps getting cut off during...
  9. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.: I have Windows 10 10240 RTM x64 Bit version running on my system, (Now running 32 bit version.) The issue is that windows 10 Updates fails to install. [img] [img] sfc /scannow and those things never worked for me in any windows version, since it always ends up...