Windows 10: No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed

Discus and support No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. I subsequently upgraded it to Windows 10 with no issues. Recently, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BDNADLER, Apr 7, 2021.

1. BDNADLER Win User

No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed

I have a Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. I subsequently upgraded it to Windows 10 with no issues. Recently, my Toshiba Satellite has been getting slower and slower so I decided to do a soft reboot using the "Keep My Files" option. The reset went through without any problem. After my Satellite reset I discovered that I had no audio. In order to address this issue I did the following.

Open Device Manager

Click on "Other Devices"

Right Click on Audio Devices on High Definition Audio Bus

Click on "Update Drivers"

Click on "Search Automatically for Drivers"

Windows provided the following response

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device."

"Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them."

"IDT High Definition Audio CODEC"

I repeated the steps except this time I clicked on "Browse for drivers on your computer". Only being unsuccessful in finding any drivers.

UPDATE, I tried manual mode again, found the CODEC file. Installed it and I am now LISTENING to a video on YouTube as clearly as the day my Satellite was new. I am going to do a reboot and hope this fix stays put.

If it does, I hope the steps I went through will help others, like myself. Just one final note. I am a senior citizen. It is usually the young kinds who figure this out. This time, it was done by a senior.

:)

BDNADLER, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 7, 2021
  3. tiendat Win User

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed :(.

tiendat, Apr 7, 2021
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed

Everything is working *Smile No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed :)

JoeBoyka, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. No Audio after doing a Windows 10 Soft Reset Attempt to Install Replacement Drivers Failed - Similar Threads - Audio doing Soft

2. Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...: Hello,I had built my pc a couple months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting blue screens with the Memory Management error. I tried a clean reinstall of windows through a windows 11 installation media usb thinking it was a driver issue, however, I still...
  3. Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...: Hello,I had built my pc a couple months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting blue screens with the Memory Management error. I tried a clean reinstall of windows through a windows 11 installation media usb thinking it was a driver issue, however, I still...
  4. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  5. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  6. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed: I accidentally deleted my sound driver on my Lenovo laptop and when I try to install it from the realtek website, the installation fails. There is a red x on my speaker icon and no sound anywhere. I was originally trying to fix the sound that quit working and I think I made...
  7. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed: I accidentally deleted my sound driver on my Lenovo laptop and when I try to install it from the realtek website, the installation fails. There is a red x on my speaker icon and no sound anywhere. I was originally trying to fix the sound that quit working and I think I made...
  8. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10 Failed install attempts 0x80071a2d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Failed install attempts 0x80071a2d: Hi, While I have been seeing regular successful updates but receiving numerous failed install attempts for months in my PC Windows 10 version 1903. Recent failed attempts are KB4552931, KB4556799, KB4549951 and KB4551762 Please advice....
  10. Replacement Audio Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacement Audio Driver.: On a recent update February 28, 2020, I lost my current Audio driver, which muted Cortana an Alexa, How do I get a functional Audio Driver. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion Laptop. I have checked all of the settings and am sure the problem is the Audio Driver...