Windows 10: No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects

Discus and support No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I do a 3D photo effect and then download it, no sound comes out. It used to but then it stopped working. The visual effect is there but without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisPduck, Sep 25, 2018.

1. No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects

When I do a 3D photo effect and then download it, no sound comes out. It used to but then it stopped working. The visual effect is there but without the sound. I've done every troubleshooting fix that I can find and also reset the app but to no avail. Don't really want to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app because it will mess up all my files but I don't know how else to fix it. Any ideas anyone, please?

:)

ChrisPduck, Sep 25, 2018
  2. NateSug Win User

Photo Effects Editor

Hello, I recently had an issue with the 3D Effects Editor where once I add a 3D effect, the audio for the effects doesn't save. So, I pull up the Photos app, click on a video, then click "Add a 3D Effect", then enter the effects editor and I start adding
    effects. Then, once I finalize the video, all of the effects have no audio, and I made sure the volume for the effects was turned on. I tried resetting and repairing the app, running diagnostics, checking for updates, its still having issues. Does anyone know
    how to fix this?

NateSug, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Photo Effects Editor

Hi Nate,

Your Windows Photo app might be corrupted that's why it's not working as intended. Since you already tried to reset the app to no effect, reinstalling the app might do the trick. Kindly follow the steps below on how to reinstall the Windows Photo app:

A. First you need to uninstall the Photo app using PowerShell:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Copy and paste this command: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    4. Press Enter.
    5. Restart your device for it to take effect.

B. Install the Microsoft Photo app.

1. Launch the Windows Store.
    2. On the search bar, type Microsoft Photo.
    3. Press Enter.
    4. Download and install the app.

Afterwards, try to recreate your 3D Effect. If the issue persist. Please provide us your Windows build and version for us to provide more possible solutions:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.
    3. Then, provide us the build and version of your Windows.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 25, 2018
  4. No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects

Loss of audio when using 3D effects in Pictures app

When I download a picture on which I have put 3D effects, the audio that goes with it will not play - the visual plays ok but the picture is silent. It works when I edit it and play it back but not once it's downloaded to my PC. It used to work and I
    have made many 3D pics but suddenly the audio stopped working. I've tried every fix - resetting the app/resetting Store/troubleshooting Store - even all the fixes that I was advised to do by a Chat advisor. When I troubleshoot, all i get is 'Problem with
    generic audio driver' so I reinstalled my drivers but to no avail. Help - I'm at my wits end! This is ruining something that I used to love doing and there's not much point in having the effects if you can't hear the sounds that go with them.

ChrisPduck, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects

1. No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects - Similar Threads - audio downloading Photo

2. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  3. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  4. Windows Photo 3d Effects

Windows Photo 3d Effects: I was editing and creating a video and noticed that that the 3d effects are limited to only 3 choices, confetti, lens sparkles and snow. The others are no longer available. Is this a mistake or are these effects just gone now? I was having a blast with all the effects so its...
  5. 3d effects in photos not showiing

3d effects in photos not showiing: where are the 3d effects in photos. Pls, tell me how to get them back. I need an answer urgently.I have to create a video .plsss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-effects-in-photos-not-showiing/d9e719cc-7fc9-4e7c-abd6-057046a6dffe
  6. Where the 3D effect in Windows Photos has gone?

Where the 3D effect in Windows Photos has gone?: I am using Windows Photos since long time but after recent update, I can't get all 3D effects for Video editing. Earlier it used to be over 20 3D effects, but now there are only three. Can someone suggest how to get them back?...
  7. Most 3d effects in windows photos app missing.

Most 3d effects in windows photos app missing.: Only three of the so many 3d effects are available while making videos. The other effects like balloons, lasers, and breaking news have disappeared, only confetti, lens sparkles, and snow remain. I've tried repairing, resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling but it's still...
  8. 3d effects have become limited in photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3d effects have become limited in photos app: I have previously made a few videos with the photo app and used 3D characters as well as the effects. However, for the past week these 3D characters have become strangely limited. For example where before I did a search for say cats or aeroplanes, around 100 characters would...
  9. Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation

Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation: 3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***Modified title from: 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***...
  10. Loss of audio when using 3D effects in Pictures app

Loss of audio when using 3D effects in Pictures app: When I download a picture on which I have put 3D effects, the audio that goes with it will not play - the visual plays ok but the picture is silent. It works when I edit it and play it back but not once it's downloaded to my PC. It used to work and I have made many 3D pics...