Windows 10: No audio after failed update

Discus and support No audio after failed update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have an HP computer, brand new. I just got it a few months ago, and everything has worked fine. It runs Windows 10 and has Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KelTurner, Nov 28, 2018.

1. KelTurner Win User

No audio after failed update

Hi everyone!

I have an HP computer, brand new. I just got it a few months ago, and everything has worked fine. It runs Windows 10 and has Intel drivers.

Then, a few days ago, I woke up and opened my computer to find that it had a screen saying, "Updating, 42%" on it. This was not the first time I had woken up to this screen. I had been delaying the update since October because I did not want to use up internet data. The computer was working fine before, as I said.

So, to stop this update, I did what I had done every time: I held down the power button until the computer shut off. I restarted it, and it went through the screens it always had: it showed the HP logo, then said that it was "Restoring my previous version of Windows". I had seen all these screens before, and so I went on unworried.

The computer booted flawlessly, though it did take a little bit longer than it should have to display my login screen. But Windows worked perfectly... that is until I opened a sound file.

There was no sound. It showed that audio was playing in the window, but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I checked the sound to make sure I hadn't accidentally turned it onto mute, restarted it a couple times, took out the battery to see if there was anything wrong with it, and then I was driven online in search of the answer.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sound driver. I have tried the Sound Troubleshooter- it gets to a "playing sound" screen and stalls there. I've tried every solution I can find, save reinstalling Windows. I'm scared for the massive amounts of data I have on the thing.

I need help, please! I love to listen to music and audiobooks, but now I can't! Please help me. Anything is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kel

:)

KelTurner, Nov 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 28, 2018
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio after failed update - Similar Threads - audio failed update

2. no audio after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio after update: shut down PC last night 1/11/23 got the pop up, uddate and restart, did that, came back and shut down PC, got up this morning and no audio, rebooted still no audio, tried head phone , got sound thru them, tried new monitor with built in speakers, still no audio. did ever test...
  3. no audio after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no audio after update: shut down PC last night 1/11/23 got the pop up, uddate and restart, did that, came back and shut down PC, got up this morning and no audio, rebooted still no audio, tried head phone , got sound thru them, tried new monitor with built in speakers, still no audio. did ever test...
  4. audio after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio after update: It failed to deliver audio in every platform after updating Windows. Using wired connection for audio and even speaker is not working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-after-update/a249cf8b-06a1-4de2-a317-52d7071c8f1f
  5. Audio devices disappear after failed update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio devices disappear after failed update: My computer i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-Deluxe, 16MB ram was working fine until it tried an update to KB50003637. During the update, it BSODed with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, after which it notified me that the update had failed and attempted to return to its previous...
  6. audio after update

audio after update: system updated the amd raydon driver R7 200 and the sound quit - shows output but nothing through speakers - am using HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-after-update/fbd33ad7-3c20-45dd-9137-f604d574bddd
  7. No audio after update

No audio after update: All sound devices in device manager working properly. Red X next to speaker in taskbar No audio Output Device is installed. Everything was working properly before Update[ATTACH][ATTACH] to update....
  8. No audio, failed to play test tone after windows update.

No audio, failed to play test tone after windows update.: I've tried restarting both of the windows audio services (including AudioEndpointBuilder) as well as reinstalling the exact realtek audio driver for my motherboard that fixed a similar issue previously. When I try to change the default audio format (frequency and bit depth)...
  9. No audio after failed update

No audio after failed update: Hi everyone! I have an HP computer, brand new. I just got it a few months ago, and everything has worked fine. It runs Windows 10 and has Intel drivers. Then, a few days ago, I woke up and opened my computer to find that it had a screen saying, "Updating, 42%" on it. This...
  10. No audio after update

No audio after update: Anyone know how to fix this problem ,only started after a update on Wednesday . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-update/60f96e34-1180-4c64-90a2-69842435dfd9