Windows 10: No audio after installing graphics card

Discus and support No audio after installing graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a graphics card for my computer, I installed it and the drivers but now I lost audio to my computer. I can get audio to come out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by I got banned001, Nov 2, 2019.

1. No audio after installing graphics card

I recently bought a graphics card for my computer, I installed it and the drivers but now I lost audio to my computer. I can get audio to come out of my monitor but not headphones. I have tried uninstalling the sound driver and updating it but that did not seem to work.

:)

I got banned001, Nov 2, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 2, 2019
  4. No audio after installing graphics card

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

No audio after installing graphics card

1. No audio after installing graphics card - Similar Threads - audio installing graphics

2. audio extremely low after graphic cards swap.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio extremely low after graphic cards swap.: I've changed graphic cards (old= nvidia gtx 1050ti4gb- new= amd radeon rx580 8gb) and now the audio is at a ridiculous minimum, tried all the basics, even reinstalling windows from scratch. Is it some hardware incompatibility? submitted by /u/PenSimilar5504 [link]...
  3. No audio device installed or Graphics card detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device installed or Graphics card detected: I was working on my laptop and sound was working fine, suddenly there's no sound at all, no audio devices, audio driver Realtek is not in Device Manager nor the external GPU. Troubleshooters couldn't detect the problem, windows says no input or output devices. And I tried my...
  4. No audio device installed or Graphics card detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device installed or Graphics card detected: I was working on my laptop and sound was working fine, suddenly there's no sound at all, no audio devices, audio driver Realtek is not in Device Manager nor the external GPU. Troubleshooters couldn't detect the problem, windows says no input or output devices. And I tried my...
  5. No audio device or Graphics card detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device or Graphics card detected: I was working on my laptop and sound was working fine, suddenly there's no sound at all, no audio devices, audio driver Realtek is not in Device Manager nor the external GPU. Troubleshooters couldn't detect the problem, windows says no input or output devices. Could it be a...
  6. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  7. No audio after graphics card update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after graphics card update: I updated my amd radeon r7 and after that i had no sound. I have Microsoft windows 10 home version 2004 Os build 19041.630 169384
  8. Graphics Card Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Install: I recently purchased a VisionTek Radeon 5450 SFF 512MB DDR3 3M 3x DVI-D Graphics Card and installed it in my HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF. I see the card listed in device manager and I updated the drivers through windows updates to the most recent drivers available. I am running...
  9. Graphics Card No Output After Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card No Output After Installing Drivers: I recently purchased an ASUS Strix Radeon RX 470 and when I put it into my machine it was fine but everytime I try to install the latest drivers I would get no output from the graphics card and when I reboot I also get no display output so I have to run Windows in safe mode...
  10. BSOD after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new graphics card: I was looking for a budget PC that could run games with decent graphics. I ended up purchasing a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT to upgrade for gaming. I have since then put a new power supply and graphics card in it. After installing the graphics card, I could play games for about 10...