Windows 10: No Audio after large windows update

Discus and support No Audio after large windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After allowing Windows 10 to update to remain in support (Latest large update), I now find myself with no audio. Drivers are correct, Audio settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PennyHardaway82, Aug 7, 2019.

1. No Audio after large windows update

After allowing Windows 10 to update to remain in support (Latest large update), I now find myself with no audio.

Drivers are correct, Audio settings are correct, etc.

When testing devices, I see the audio bar moving visually, but no audio is coming from the computer.

What did this update change that I need to revert to once again have audio?

:)

PennyHardaway82, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows update & Audio Problem in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forum!

What problems are you facing with windows update in windows 10 home?

Specify the problem you are facing in audio drivers?

In the Windows 10 you have no choice to change the automatic update settings. Because the change settings option is disabled.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Reaktek audio does not work after update

Hi Alex,

If you’re using out dated Audio driver then you make come across this kind of issue, so I suggest you to update the latest Audio driver and also run the Playing audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and
      click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2.
    Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click
    on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

No Audio after large windows update

Audio device, and screen will not auto rotate. Can I revert back to Windows 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    And, also I suggest you to install all the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install the audio driver and display drivers.

Method 2: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

No Audio after large windows update

1. No Audio after large windows update - Similar Threads - Audio large update

2. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update: Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the initialization Dell logo for several hours. Then I did a hard shutdown, entered a recovery key, but none of the available...
  3. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update: Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the initialization Dell logo for several hours. Then I did a hard shutdown, entered a recovery key, but none of the available...
  4. No audio after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No audio after Windows Update: Hi,Yesterday my PC Windows 10 Pro installed Windows Update KB5003173, and since then the sound is no longer working.The Windows Audio service was no longer running, but I fixed that by logging on the Local System account, but still no sound, either through bluetooth...
  5. Jigsaw puzzles to large after update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Jigsaw puzzles to large after update.: After a Microsoft update the jigsaw puzzles are to large and bunched together, I have tried a system restore and that did not work. What is the fix? HELP??...
  6. No Audio after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio after Windows Update: Good Day! I'd like to ask how to fix this no audio issue after the windows update. I can't see also Realtek Audio Device in Device Manager. I tried to uninstall the windows update and still it didn't help my case. Hoping for a suggestion! I do really need this for my online...
  7. Display too large after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display too large after Windows 10 update: Hi! My computer recently updated Windows 10. After the update everything displayed on my monitor is too big--my desktop does not fit in the viewing portion of my monitor, and everything on the margins is cut off. For example, I can't fully see the start menu; the date...
  8. Large Windows update

Large Windows update: Hello! I want to tell you my big trouble for me. I have a small cash register business using Windows 10. This is a small gas station. I decided to restart it because my mouse sometimes starts to cycle. It turned out to me that there was an update and whether to restart to...
  9. No audio after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio after windows update: I shut my computer down last night and windows updated before shutting off. This morning I see that an "audio service is not running" error next to the little speaker on the taskbar. I reinstalled the driver, but that didn't work. After looking up some info, I found in...
  10. No audio after windows update

No audio after windows update: I shut my computer down last night and windows updated before shutting off. This morning I see that an "audio service is not running" error next to the little speaker on the taskbar. I reinstalled the driver, but that didn't work. After looking up some info, I found in...