Windows 10: No audio after latest Windows 10 update, PC was without sound for 2 days. Compensation?

Discus and support No audio after latest Windows 10 update, PC was without sound for 2 days. Compensation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, The issue has already been fixed, but I have feedback to give and to ask about a matter regarding compensation. The audio on my PC was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M.J.88., Oct 12, 2018.

1. M.J.88. Win User

No audio after latest Windows 10 update, PC was without sound for 2 days. Compensation?

Hi,

The issue has already been fixed, but I have feedback to give and to ask about a matter regarding compensation.

The audio on my PC was not working since the latest Windows 10 update. The issue has now been fixed by the help of the technician via your chat.

However, I did spend in total 9 hours trying to get the audio to work on my PC. This consisted of 3 sessions on the chat with your agents over 2 days.

My PC's audio was working perfectly fine before the latest Windows update, so I consider that the issue was caused by the Windows update itself.

As the audio was not working on the PC, I could not use my PC for 2 days for anything that required sound.

I have paid subscriptions to games and other services, such as Netflix, which I could not use due to the missing audio that was caused by the Windows update.

Basically, Windows screwed up the new update which made my PC to be unusable for me for 2 days, as I use my PC mostly for gaming and movies.

I contacted support on the chat again after the issue was fixed to ask what kind of compensation is due, just to receive an answer that was "If I would be on your place, I would face the same kind of frustration but I hope you can understand our limitation."

No, I do not understand what sort of limitation does Microsoft have regarding this.

They rolled out an update that I did not want and that ended up messing up the audio settings and drivers on my PC which made it close to unusable for me for 2 days and that I had to spend 9 hours to solve.

Is Microsoft planning to compensate me on my 9 hours spent on trying to find a solution to a problem that was created by Windows update, and will there be any compensation regarding the paid services that I have subscribed to, and which I could not use, due to the audio problem that was caused by the Windows update?

Who knows, this is messed up...

:)

M.J.88., Oct 12, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 12, 2018
  4. No audio after latest Windows 10 update, PC was without sound for 2 days. Compensation?

lost Sound Audio after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press Check for updates option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of remaining windows updates.

Method 2: If this doesn’t help I would recommend you try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Sound drivers. Follow the steps below

• Press Windows key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the run prompt.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click uninstall.

• Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

• Manually download the latest drivers by going to the manufacturers Website.
    Hope this helps. Please respond for further queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

No audio after latest Windows 10 update, PC was without sound for 2 days. Compensation?

1. No audio after latest Windows 10 update, PC was without sound for 2 days. Compensation? - Similar Threads - audio latest update

2. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  3. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  4. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  6. No sound after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  7. No audio after latest Windows 10 update

No audio after latest Windows 10 update: Hi, Struggling to get audio working after I updated to latest version of Windows 10. Audio driver seems to have disappeared and have tried searching to update to latest driver, but it says the best driver is already installed. Tried reinstalling graphics driver but no...
  8. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  9. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  10. the audio sound became too low after the latest update

the audio sound became too low after the latest update: the audio sound became too low after the latest update, I tried to solve the problem by updating the sound drivers but it says "the updates are already installed''. should it be necessary driver issues? or BIOS, I don't know. 89046