Windows 10: No audio after latest windows updates

Discus and support No audio after latest windows updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by whyamidoingthis2, Nov 29, 2021.

1. No audio after latest windows updates

I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it just reinstalls the driver. The speaker cable is plugged in and all settings are as they are supposed to be. Can anybody help?

:)

whyamidoingthis2, Nov 29, 2021

2. lost Audio after latest windows 10 update

Hi Louis,

Your audio may not be working after the latest update if you have outdated audio drivers. Have you tried updating them? You may check your driver manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for it.

You may run the Playing Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with playing sound.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop-down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

No audio after latest windows updates

Audio not working in windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

To help resolve your issue better, could you provide us the following information?

• To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or error code?
    This issue could have occurred due to corrupt audio drivers or missing Windows Updates.

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates including the Optional Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall audio driver from device manager and reinstall the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Step 1:

Uninstall audio driver.

A) Press Windows + R key, type devmgmt.msc
    and click Ok.

B) Expand the audio driver, right-click
    on the driver and click on uninstall.

Step 2:

Now re-install latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information helps, please get back to us for further support on Windows. We will be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Arul_D, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

No audio after latest windows updates

1. No audio after latest windows updates - Similar Threads - audio latest updates

2. My audio is gone after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio is gone after latest windows update.: Under audio devices I can see No audio devices is installed. Under drivers i cannot find the realtek drivers. I tried to troubleshoot but it did not resolve the issue. Please assist....
  3. No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?: The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing...
  4. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  5. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  6. audio stopped working after latest windows update

audio stopped working after latest windows update: So a while back, I had an audio issue on my computer where my earphones were recognised as speakers conexant smartaudio hd and I couldn't hear any sound from my laptop speakers at all, but I could hear it from my earphones. I was able to trace the driver back from my laptop...
  7. Audio Issue After the Latest Update

Audio Issue After the Latest Update: I just updated my PC about an hour ago, after the update I got some issue on my audio. I tried all the basic troubleshooting that I found here and on google but none of them resolve the issue. I swear, I regret updating my PC. Hays. :(...
  8. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours...
  9. No audio after latest Windows 10 update

No audio after latest Windows 10 update: Hi, Struggling to get audio working after I updated to latest version of Windows 10. Audio driver seems to have disappeared and have tried searching to update to latest driver, but it says the best driver is already installed. Tried reinstalling graphics driver but no...
  10. NO Audio after latest Win10 update (?)

NO Audio after latest Win10 update (?): My laptop did automatically an update after i shut it down yesterday and today there is no Audio at all. It says "No Audio Output Device Installed" Please help me, what happened? Did the update mess up my audio or is it something else? What can i do? [ATTACH]...