Windows 10: No Audio after Sleep

Discus and support No Audio after Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got Windows 10 around a week ago. I've gotten an issue where after exiting sleep mode the audio cuts out entirely and I have to restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gipro1, Mar 16, 2020.

1. /u/Gipro1 Win User

No Audio after Sleep

I just got Windows 10 around a week ago. I've gotten an issue where after exiting sleep mode the audio cuts out entirely and I have to restart the computer to fix it. I've tried updating the drivers from Device Manager but it says it's already up to date. I've also tried restarting the speakers and unplugging them.

While this is occurring the volume icon on the taskbar still shows up normally and the volume mixer even shows that it's recognizing audio being played even though there's no sound.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

submitted by /u/Gipro1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gipro1, Mar 16, 2020
  2. geomazo Win User

Audio Sleep and

Just an updating and some finding.
    First of all: the Audio enhancer software DFX is not part of the problem.
    The problem rests with HDMI audio of a monitor TV Samsumg after sleep. The Audio service is not resumed after sleep. Before the upgrading to Win 8.1. in the same computer the resumption odf audio was regular. As now, audio restart after rebooting or i have to turn off the monitor tv before sleep, a kind of annoyance.

Any suggestion?

geomazo, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Audio after Sleep

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

No Audio after Sleep

1. No Audio after Sleep - Similar Threads - Audio Sleep

2. New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep: Have been unable to use microphone as it causes the computer to fail to sleep. Have tried everything, literally. Realteck just made an update driver available 11/14/23. I installed the new driver, and my computer now sleeps as it should with the microphone installed and left...
  3. New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep: Have been unable to use microphone as it causes the computer to fail to sleep. Have tried everything, literally. Realteck just made an update driver available 11/14/23. I installed the new driver, and my computer now sleeps as it should with the microphone installed and left...
  4. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...
  5. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...
  6. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  7. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  8. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem: sometimes audio and video gets unsync. And laptop can't boot properly after sleep. after sleep BSOD appears and the error is critical process died and it restarts.I changed windows version, updated all drivers and bios and do things like CMD codes. I ran a RAM check in...
  9. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem: sometimes audio and video gets unsync. And laptop can't boot properly after sleep. after sleep BSOD appears and the error is critical process died and it restarts.I changed windows version, updated all drivers and bios and do things like CMD codes. I ran a RAM check in...
  10. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging