Windows 10: No audio after unplugging headphones

Discus and support No audio after unplugging headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier this year in January I had a major SSD crash, and I was forced to buy a new one and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. After installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by traumesser, Mar 31, 2020.

1. No audio after unplugging headphones

Earlier this year in January I had a major SSD crash, and I was forced to buy a new one and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. After installing Windows, I re-installed all of the drivers recommended by my laptop manufacturer's I have a Razer Blade 15' 2018 from their official page, plus I've been using the Intel Driver and Support assistant to keep everything updated.
    Now, the issue is that every time I plug a pair of headphones, and then unplugged them again, the built-in speakers won't work anymore. Windows audio is working fine, if I open the mixer I see the green meters going up and down accordingly to whatever music/videos I'm playing, just there won't be any sound coming out of the speakers. I looked up the issue online, and apparently it's a common one, but still all the solution proposed won't fix the problem; only fully restarting the system will make the speakers work again.

Anyone got any leads? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Antonino

:)

traumesser, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Duckphone Win User

Headphones "Unplugged"

Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing the device it says the headphones are unplugged.

Duckphone, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Headphone is unplugged !!!

Since you have a Realtek software installed on your PC, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below to correct its setting:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • Select Connector Settings in the right side panel.
    • Tick on the box beside Disable front panel jack detection.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Mar 31, 2020
  4. No audio after unplugging headphones

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

No audio after unplugging headphones

1. No audio after unplugging headphones - Similar Threads - audio unplugging headphones

2. No audio when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio when headphones are unplugged: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  3. No audio when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio when headphones are unplugged: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  4. No audio when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No audio after unplugging headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after unplugging headphones: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  6. No audio after unplugging headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after unplugging headphones: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  7. No audio after unplugging headphones

8. Headphones "Unplugged"

Headphones "Unplugged": Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing the device it says the headphones are unplugged....
  9. Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.: Pretty much the title. To be clear, I will be listening to a video through my laptop's speakers, without heaphones, then out of nowhere the audio will stop. I've figured out that if I plug in my headphones and then unplug them again, the audio will temporarily come back,...
  10. Audio not working after unplugging headphones

Audio not working after unplugging headphones: Hi, my audio works good on speakers and on headphones until I unplug the headphones jack. At that point all the sound stops working. I can't get audio from the speakers nor the headphones even if I plug the headphones back . However, I do am able to get audio through...