Windows 10: No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

Discus and support No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP PC had an update today - after the restart it cannot detect a sound card. I have no audio. Any advice?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasGoodridge, Aug 13, 2020.

1. No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

My HP PC had an update today - after the restart it cannot detect a sound card. I have no audio. Any advice?

:)

ThomasGoodridge, Aug 13, 2020

2. lost Sound Audio after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press Check for updates option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of remaining windows updates.

Method 2: If this doesn’t help I would recommend you try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Sound drivers. Follow the steps below

• Press Windows key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the run prompt.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click uninstall.

• Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

• Manually download the latest drivers by going to the manufacturers Website.
    Hope this helps. Please respond for further queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 13, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Aug 13, 2020
  4. No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

Sound Audio in windows

Hello Kim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to listen to the songs from hard disk?
    • Are you able to play the videos from hard disk?

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 3:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

• After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

1. No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection - Similar Threads - Audio Update Sound

2. No audio device or Graphics card detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device or Graphics card detected: I was working on my laptop and sound was working fine, suddenly there's no sound at all, no audio devices, audio driver Realtek is not in Device Manager nor the external GPU. Troubleshooters couldn't detect the problem, windows says no input or output devices. Could it be a...
  3. No audio device or Graphics card detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device or Graphics card detected: I was working on my laptop and sound was working fine, suddenly there's no sound at all, no audio devices, audio driver Realtek is not in Device Manager nor the external GPU. Troubleshooters couldn't detect the problem, windows says no input or output devices. Could it be a...
  4. Sound card not getting recognized after the update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card not getting recognized after the update: Hello I use a external sound card as my audio port is broken I've been using it for 3 years now yesterday I updated my pc and shut it down today morning when I woke up , I connected my sound card and it the microphone appeared but nothing came up on the speaker side I've...
  5. Sound card not detected

in Cortana
    Sound card not detected: Hi I cannot see my sound card in the device manager, I have tried to run troubleshoots and placed it in the other machine to confirm if it is working and it appears in the different computer, how to make it be seen in my machine?...
  6. No audio after graphics card update

No audio after graphics card update: I updated my amd radeon r7 and after that i had no sound. I have Microsoft windows 10 home version 2004 Os build 19041.630 169384
  7. Sound card drive not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound card drive not detected: Hi, since I updated my Windows 10, the sound card drive has been removed and cannot be identified. Please help, the sound card has been deactivated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card-drive-not-detected/3e677c93-51d6-43c7-8c07-f77b85ebd026
  8. Audio Sounds Odd After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Sounds Odd After Update: Hi there, I use my laptop mostly for gaming and after a Microsoft update the audio sounds different and not in a drastic way but it's not good either. I use a headset and its fairly new so I know its not the headset. It sounded and worked fine before the update and there is...
  9. After an update I had no sound card detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After an update I had no sound card detected: Hello I would like to ask some information about the following issue what I've got yesterday when I installed an update. After a reboot my system didn't recognised the sound card of my device. The installed update was "Intel(R) Corporation - System 08/22/2018 12:00:00 AM...
  10. 2 sound card detected?

2 sound card detected?: So lastly (right around when the anniv. update occured) my sound stopped working on my windows 10 tablet, ive researched it on the web for about a week, reinstalled windows, tried to update the driver but nothing is seems to work. The fact that my tablet is an INSIGNIA...