Windows 10: No Audio After Updating Drivers

Discus and support No Audio After Updating Drivers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kate Beck, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Kate Beck Win User

No Audio After Updating Drivers

Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth headphones, but the sound is delayed and decided to switch back to my regular jack. Now I can't get any audio in my headset. Bluetooth is off. I noticed that when I go into my control panel, that it says my headset is not plugged in when it actually is. It's just not reading them. Again, I have updated all my drivers, and

:)

Kate Beck, Jul 15, 2022

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2022
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 15, 2022
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

1. No Audio After Updating Drivers - Similar Threads - Audio Updating Drivers

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. no audio driver after windows 11 update

no audio driver after windows 11 update: no audio driver after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-driver-after-windows-11-update/a2b1198e-2400-4e9e-844c-dc82779ebfb7
  4. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  5. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  6. Audio Not Working after Driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working after Driver update: So I was trying to update my AMD display driver and was using AMD's chipset Software program to do it. It then proceeded me to install 6 other chipset drivers. After rebooting, it has caused my audio to no longer work. When I try testing it, it says "failed to play test...
  7. Audio Not Working after Driver update

Audio Not Working after Driver update: So I was trying to update my AMD display driver and was using AMD's chipset Software program to do it. It then proceeded me to install 6 other chipset drivers. After rebooting, it has caused my audio to no longer work. When I try testing it, it says "failed to play test...
  8. No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers: I had a problem with my headset Arctis 3 wherein when I plug it in, my laptop Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54 -- Windows 10 recognizes the device but still plays the audio on my speaker. I thought that my drivers were outdated so I tried installing a new one. I installed one from...
  9. Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver: Hi does anyone know why after I updated my Realtek (speaker) software I heard buzzy sound when I plugged in my earphone? Idk how to fix it but the issue appeared after I rebooted my laptop after I updated the software. I really need help submitted by /u/raihanabdan...
  10. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO AUDIO after updating sound driver: Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing...