Windows 10: NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

Discus and support NO AUDIO after updating sound driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DongLee5, Mar 16, 2020.

1. DongLee5 Win User

NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

Hello.

I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working.

There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker.

I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing worked. I'm currently with my manufacturer audio driver which is Version 6.0.1.8746 for ASUS motherboard, but still have no sound at all.

What I did:
    Reinstall all audio drivers

This troubleshooting: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems

Tried to change my realtek audio driver to High Definition Audio Device

Restore point

Set my speaker as Default playback device

Nothing works. What else can I do? Please help.

:)

DongLee5, Mar 16, 2020

2. NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

Archived MSDN and TechNet Blogs

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver - Similar Threads - AUDIO updating sound

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  4. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  5. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working after updating audio drivers: Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test the speakers it will give you a pop-up window with "Failed to play test note.". To repair that, I uninstalled the audio driver...
  6. No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers: I had a problem with my headset Arctis 3 wherein when I plug it in, my laptop Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54 -- Windows 10 recognizes the device but still plays the audio on my speaker. I thought that my drivers were outdated so I tried installing a new one. I installed one from...
  7. Audio, sound, driver

Audio, sound, driver: while i plug in my headphone speaker still play without any sound from headphones and when i restart my Laptob the headphone will play but if i remove it and then plug in again, then the speaker still play without any sound from headphone. i tried alot to update sound...
  8. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Audio sounds horrible after driver update: Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc....
  9. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  10. Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update

Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update: audio keep having popping sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-crackling-and-popping-sound-after-windows/383e8084-6df3-4863-a935-24b824c3acbd