Windows 10: No Audio after W10 install

Discus and support No Audio after W10 install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was using W7 but now upgrades to W10 All installed smooth & fine. I installed Thursday & today I notice No Audio Device I stalled. I delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ipbr21054, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Ipbr21054 Win User

No Audio after W10 install

Hi,
    I was using W7 but now upgrades to W10
    All installed smooth & fine.
    I installed Thursday & today I notice No Audio Device I stalled.
    I delete the two mentioned Audio items in device manager & using Driver Easy downloaded & installed there drivers etc.
    Restarted notebook etc but still the same.
    When I click on the icon by the clock & run trouble shooter it advises me there is an issue but that’s all it does.

I also went into services where I click a couple of audio items followed by restart but still I have no Audio.

Do you have any advice please.

:)

Ipbr21054, Jan 25, 2020

2. No Audio after W10 "update" (already installed)

Hello Sam,

One possible cause of the issue is an outdated driver since you just upgraded to Windows 10.

As an initial troubleshooting step, let's run the Audio Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves issues with audio. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, select Playing Audio and run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Since you already updated your driver, you can also uninstall and reinstall the Audio Driver. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand the Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right click the Speaker driver and click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The Audio Driver will automatically reinstall after the restart.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 25, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. No Audio after W10 install - Similar Threads - Audio W10 install

2. Can't login into W10 after installing update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login into W10 after installing update...: Hi - am helping my son to post this issue. Wonder anyone can lend a helping hand on this?As a result, he was given a sub user access into the system with no access to his files....
  3. Realtek Audio Hardware Not Installing in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Hardware Not Installing in W10: Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook S510UN. It had a Microsoft update 2 days ago and after the update, the Realtek Audio Manager disappeared under Device Manager. I've reinstalled latest drivers several times but to no avail. I ended up reformatting reset the OS and still Realtek...
  4. Installing W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing W10: I have a custom-built computer. I had install W10 on it at first it was an upgrade from W7 and a pain to install due to the NVME drive and no USB drivers. but later Windows got mess up so I put Linux on it now I thinking of going back to W10. can I install W10 free without...
  5. W10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Installation: I have recently been trying to install W10 { USB }on a laptop that was shut off during a fresh restart. It usually gets to finish then the laptop restarts and brings me back to the beginning of the setup. If you know how to fix this please tell me. Video submitted by...
  6. 2,5" SSD vanished after installation of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2,5" SSD vanished after installation of W10: I have, with problems managed to install W10 on a NVMe disk, but my 2,5" SSD are nowhere to be seen. they are GPT disks and so I assume the NVMe also are (GPT are greyed out in diskmanager. So what can I do to get acess ? Finn ***Moved from Insiders forum***...
  7. No audio (nor Windows Audio service) after updating to W10 v1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio (nor Windows Audio service) after updating to W10 v1809: After updating to the latest W10 release my audio stopped working. Out of the motherboard audio output I get absolutely nothing: no light (and no audio) from the optical crackings and buzzings from the back 3.5 nothing at all from the front 3.5 If I plug and unplug the...
  8. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  9. Serious Problem with BIOS after installing W10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Problem with BIOS after installing W10.: This is as serious as it sounds. When cold booting my Acer the Acer splash screen has lost the "Press F2 for setup" option. I can't now enter the BIOS. I tried three times. Shutdown and boot. No BIOS options. Fortunately by booting into a working W10 install and then...
  10. No video after W10 install.

in Windows 10 Support
    No video after W10 install.: Hello, After upgrading to W10 from W8.1 (which went trouble free) when my laptop is powered completely off and I turn on the laptop, after the Acer splash screen the video stops working. Windows continues to load just no video. IF I go into the bios during startup and just...