Windows 10: No audio after Win10 update

Discus and support No audio after Win10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today (10/11/18) both laptops in my household are now without audio. They are not linked in any way EXCEPT that they both had that automatic Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GodithWeldon, Oct 11, 2018.

1. No audio after Win10 update

Today (10/11/18) both laptops in my household are now without audio. They are not linked in any way EXCEPT that they both had that automatic Win10 update. It's totally the fault of the update. I'll call Microsoft for a fix, and they better have a means to fix this. If I'm forced to accept updates, then they should be tried and true, not some hinky, cobbled-together programs that they force onto us.

Anyone else with this issue?

:)

GodithWeldon, Oct 11, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

No audio after Win10 update

New Win10 update killed my audio

Since you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver of your audio card, we suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the speaker has been set as default in the Playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on Playback devices to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled because of the update. Right click and select
      Show Disabled Devices.
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select
      enable
    • Right click on the speaker and click Set as Default option present at the bottom of the same window.

If the issue persists, you can try to roll back driver if it is available in the options. To rollback the driver, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

If the Roll Back Driver is not available, you may try to install an older version of your audio driver from the Manufacturer's website. You need to uninstall first all the devices for Sound, video and game controllers under the Device Manager (HD Audio Device
    and NVIDIA Audio Device) before reinstalling the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue so we can assist you more.

Eric Ber, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

No audio after Win10 update

1. No audio after Win10 update - Similar Threads - audio Win10 update

2. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909: So has there been a proper fix for the crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909 update ?it worked fine in 1909, then with each update situation gets worse and worse.The temporary solution to run DPC Latency Checker is pathetic, but works.Ideally a rewrite of...
  3. No audio after Windows 11 update from Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after Windows 11 update from Win10: Hello, My computer automatically updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by force I should add, and not only di it take over 8 restarts for the entire update catalog to finish installing properly on my device - but the audio has stopped working no matter what I try.I...
  4. No audio after Windows 11 update from Win10

No audio after Windows 11 update from Win10: Hello, My computer automatically updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by force I should add, and not only di it take over 8 restarts for the entire update catalog to finish installing properly on my device - but the audio has stopped working no matter what I try.I...
  5. WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio: System WIN10 latest update, AMD Ryzen 5 1400, video RX570, 16 GB RAM. All drivers video, sound, BIOS latest update.The system freezes after a certain time operating sound. This depends on the programme used but with more or less previsible timing, eg. TV streaming after about...
  6. WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio

WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio: System WIN10 latest update, AMD Ryzen 5 1400, video RX570, 16 GB RAM. All drivers video, sound, BIOS latest update.The system freezes after a certain time operating sound. This depends on the programme used but with more or less previsible timing, eg. TV streaming after about...
  7. Stuttering audio and mouse cursor after installing Win10 update to v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuttering audio and mouse cursor after installing Win10 update to v2004: After installing the latest update my system is experiencing stuttering audio and mouse movement. Prior to the update there was no issue with either. I have the following: Win 10 pro Ver 2004 OS 19041.508 Processor i7-2700K 3.50GHz Motherboard: ASRock Z77Extream4-M...
  8. "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." Audio device disappeared after Win10 update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." Audio device disappeared after Win10 update...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GlumPriority [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie9lf8/no_speakers_or_headphones_are_plugged_in_audio/
  9. no audio after updating to win10 version2004; not sure if I'm using realtek audio mgr...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio after updating to win10 version2004; not sure if I'm using realtek audio mgr...: Haven't been able to restore audio after updating to win10 version2004. Have installed latest realtek drivers, but unsure about how to navigate realtek audio manager to provide output to my speakers, or if I've used the correct port for speaker on the back panel of my...
  10. NO Audio after latest Win10 update (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO Audio after latest Win10 update (?): My laptop did automatically an update after i shut it down yesterday and today there is no Audio at all. It says "No Audio Output Device Installed" Please help me, what happened? Did the update mess up my audio or is it something else? What can i do? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 no audio after update