Windows 10: No audio after windows update

Discus and support No audio after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I shut my computer down last night and windows updated before shutting off. This morning I see that an "audio service is not running" error next to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alphabetic, Nov 14, 2019.

1. No audio after windows update

I shut my computer down last night and windows updated before shutting off. This morning I see that an "audio service is not running" error next to the little speaker on the taskbar. I reinstalled the driver, but that didn't work. After looking up some info, I found in "Services">"Windows audio">"Log on" the "Log on as" was set to some account and password so I reset it to "Local system account" and the error is gone. The problem now is that I still have no audio. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Two more things:

1. I see that the "Windows audio" in "Services" is dependent on the "Remote procedure call (RPC)" service and that service's "Log on" tab is set to "This account" instead of "Local system account". I can't change it and I don't know if this is normal, but I thought it might be worth noting.

2. I see in my windows update history an driver failed to install today. I'm not sure if that's something I did or if it's windows.

:)

Alphabetic, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 14, 2019
  4. No audio after windows update

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

No audio after windows update

1. No audio after windows update - Similar Threads - audio update

2. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  3. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  4. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  5. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  6. Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.: Sometime on 4/10/2024 there was firmware update for windows 11 that dropped. I have 3 different working headsets: I hyperx cloud 2, a logictech 733, and a pretty crummy headset issued from my work, which still works ok. In any case, after the latest firmware update, Discord,...
  7. Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.

Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.: Sometime on 4/10/2024 there was firmware update for windows 11 that dropped. I have 3 different working headsets: I hyperx cloud 2, a logictech 733, and a pretty crummy headset issued from my work, which still works ok. In any case, after the latest firmware update, Discord,...
  8. My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed...: My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed gray squares everywhere, the audio was glitching/spazzing, and the stuttering got bad. I restarted my pc as soon as I could, and it seems fine, but I am worried it could happen again. How...
  9. My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed...

My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed...: My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed gray squares everywhere, the audio was glitching/spazzing, and the stuttering got bad. I restarted my pc as soon as I could, and it seems fine, but I am worried it could happen again. How...
  10. My screen, audio, and rgb were stuttering. I tried to update icue and then my pc showed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging