Windows 10: No audio and computer not picking up speakers

Discus and support No audio and computer not picking up speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, this is kind of urgent but I have a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that suddenly stopped working today. The audio just cut out. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhillipKim2, May 3, 2021.

1. No audio and computer not picking up speakers

Hello, this is kind of urgent but I have a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that suddenly stopped working today. The audio just cut out. This has happened before but all I needed to do was unplug and plug in the speakers. This isn't the case right now. I've tried everything to fix this, but on the sound playback menu thing, it used to have Realtek HD sound device and the Altec Lansing device option but now those have disappeared and now I have speakers, headphones, and a microphone. I tried to connect them but my computer won't pick them up. I got an error 0xe0434352 from HP Audio

:)

PhillipKim2, May 3, 2021

2. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Follow these steps:

1) Create a system restore point
    2) Right click and click on update driver
    3) Click on Browse my computer for driver software
    4) Click on let me pick from a list of device drivers of my choice
    5) Click on High Definition Audio Driver
    6) Click on "Yes" on the prompt
    7) Once updated, reboot the PC

tanujchadha, May 3, 2021
  3. Internal Conexant Audio speakers are "unconnected"

Hi,

For further assistance regarding the "unconnected" status of your internal audio speaker, we would like to gather more information:

• Was the update installed manually or automatically?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 3, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No audio and computer not picking up speakers

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, May 3, 2021
Thema:

No audio and computer not picking up speakers

1. No audio and computer not picking up speakers - Similar Threads - audio computer picking

2. Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio: This issue has persisted for a long time and all fixes i've tried have not worked, here is what ive tried to do to fix the issue:1. updated drivers2. replaced the audio jack in my computer3. swapped headphones after ensuring both work on other devices4. checked privacy...
  3. Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio: This issue has persisted for a long time and all fixes i've tried have not worked, here is what ive tried to do to fix the issue:1. updated drivers2. replaced the audio jack in my computer3. swapped headphones after ensuring both work on other devices4. checked privacy...
  4. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. All computer audio being picked up as audio input

All computer audio being picked up as audio input: So I have tested this in both Discord and Audacity and all audio output from my laptop such as Spotify music is detected by discord and Audacity. The issue isn't my mic picking up audio from my headset because it happens even when my headset is muted. I have looked around and...
  8. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  9. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  10. Computer will not pick up audio

Computer will not pick up audio: So I have a Logitech G230 headset and it is still functional, I know this since i tested the headset on a different device and it still works. So the problem occurred when I tripped over the cord and the input jack for my microphone got messed up. Not my biggest concern...