Windows 10: No audio and no device pops up in playback devices

Discus and support No audio and no device pops up in playback devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So I'm on a windows ten PC and I was recently using Skullcandy headphones which broke so while I wait for my new ones to get here I was going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sandag, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Sandag Win User

No audio and no device pops up in playback devices

Hi,
    So I'm on a windows ten PC and I was recently using Skullcandy headphones which broke so while I wait for my new ones to get here I was going to use regular earbuds, But when I plugged them in it gave me the popup saying you plugged something into the audio jack but no sound so I went to the playback devices tab of Sound and I saw nothing there (I have show disconnected devices on and show disabled devices on) all I see are my old speakers which I don't have anymore and two ones saying NVIDIA Output. All of them say not plugged in and I tried plugging my earbuds to a different audio jack sand problem.
    Thanks for any help!

:)

Sandag, Oct 7, 2017
  2. Gary-B3 Win User

Changing My Audio Devices

Hi Nick...thanks for the quick reply and the suggested help, but the audio device issue has seemed to corrected itself...when I started up my computer today and clicked on the task bar audio icon the pop-up menu appeared again to allow me the choice of
    playback device...so, go figure?...lol

Gary-B3, Oct 7, 2017
  3. *FIXED* Windows 10 1607 anniversary update broke my realtek audio driver.

Hello.

Windows 10 1607 update broke my audio driver by updating it. The same thing happened when I installed Windows 10. I noticed that my headphones were working fine, but my speakers sounded really bad. There was a speakers playback device and everytime I connected
    my headphones another playback device would pop up. So I went to playback devices and switched to the headphones playback device (the one that popped up). That fixed my speakers. But now, the speakers are messed up again, my headphones work but there is only
    one device in playback devices (even when I connect the headphones). My computer is 4 years old and so I need to keep using the old Realtek driver. I cannot rollback the driver, it's grayed out. Basically, I need to find the playback device in order to switch
    to it, as right now they switch automatically (I assume, since headphones are working but speakers aren't). (No, troubleshooter doesn't work) (Also, I am talking about playback devices in "Sound", the thing with playback, recording, sounds and communications).
    The driver events says: device install requested, device install requested, device migrated, driver service added (intcazaudaddservice) and driver service added (hdxsrsa.inf). "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" both have a checkmark. Also
    I didn't try to uninstall the driver and reboot, as windows would probably download it from the internet (which wouldn't work as I need the old one).

Vašek Klimeš, Oct 7, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Most likely it is just your current earbuds. If it works fine with speakers, try a different pair of earbuds that are known to be new out of the box. DXDIAG can be ran to check everything and it will run a test.

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
Thema:

1. No audio and no device pops up in playback devices - Similar Threads - audio device pops

2. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio devices are installed in playback tab: All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-devices-are-installed-in-playback-tab/0f84d9b9-3f71-4547-b646-7ece57f87228
  3. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Audio Playback Device Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Playback Device Missing: So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart...
  8. Glitch with audio playback device

Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  9. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices: Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...