Windows 10: No Audio Audio Device Installed

Discus and support No Audio Audio Device Installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP ZBook Studio G3 running W10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.964). I have run the troubleshooters, updated / reinstalled the drivers and uninstalled / deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LorettoIT, May 4, 2021.

1. LorettoIT Win User

No Audio Audio Device Installed

HP ZBook Studio G3 running W10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.964). I have run the troubleshooters, updated / reinstalled the drivers and uninstalled / deleted the drivers then re-install. In BIOS, I run the Audio Test and I can hear the beep test sound. Device Mgr is clean, but none of the sound devices / mic are detected or work. I've run out of ideas.

:)

LorettoIT, May 4, 2021

2. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, May 4, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, May 4, 2021
  4. AndrewCh. Win User

No audio output device is installed

Hello!

I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.

System configuration:

• Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;

Device manager shows these audio devices:

• High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

Solutions that have not worked so far:

1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not proceed at all, and installing a generic Realtek device causes a BSOD)
    Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

UPDATE (01.01.2020):

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, but a confirmed Windows problem.

AndrewCh., May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. No Audio Audio Device Installed - Similar Threads - Audio Audio Device

2. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  3. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  4. Audio not working: "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio not working: "No audio device is installed": Laptop: Dell Latitude 9510OS: Windows 11 Pro Build 22631Hi there,I had a problem with the audio on my Dell laptop when playing video, where the audio would not work whilst the video would also stall badly. However, the video played as normal when it was muted.I updated all my...
  5. Audio not working: "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working: "No audio device is installed": Laptop: Dell Latitude 9510OS: Windows 11 Pro Build 22631Hi there,I had a problem with the audio on my Dell laptop when playing video, where the audio would not work whilst the video would also stall badly. However, the video played as normal when it was muted.I updated all my...
  6. no audio device installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio device installed: no audio device installed * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-installed/864fe22f-005e-4675-a427-f1b8b2f25cce
  7. "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio device is installed": Hello,I've been getting this problem since yesterday and it's that windows can't identify the audio device. In the device manager, it appears under the category "unknown devices". I've tried updating the driver, but it can't find any. I've also tried downloading the driver...
  8. No audio device is installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio device is installed: How to get my laptop'sound back to normally ? i tried many solution but it is not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-is-installed/afd75f28-64a3-4575-a72c-6f22f896a184
  9. No audio device install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio device install.: My H/P Laptop has no sound, the message above is what I got, did I delete them by mistake the laptop is 2yrs old. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-install/62972519-320c-4b6e-8a79-f0f1b6c67fa4
  10. no audio device installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio device installed: Turned on computer and speakers no longer work. Computer says no audio device installed under Sound. Red X No Audio Output Device is installed. Checked speakers and they worked with other device. Googled problem and nothing has fixed problem....