Windows 10: No audio device detected or installed

Discus and support No audio device detected or installed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just reset my pc and everything is ok except that windows doesn't recognize any audio input, i verified that everything is connected right but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tote46, May 20, 2020.

1. /u/Tote46 Win User

No audio device detected or installed

I just reset my pc and everything is ok except that windows doesn't recognize any audio input, i verified that everything is connected right but it just doesn't recognize it, i tried installing realtek drivers, high definition audio drivers but it doesn't work :c. Windows recognize the microphone from my headsets works and the headset works in another pc so idk

submitted by /u/Tote46
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tote46, May 20, 2020

2. No audio devices detected

So, after upgrading to Windows 10, my computer no longer detects any audio devices.

Device manager only detects nvidia hd audio
    Playback devices only detects nvidia hd audio

After installing realtek drivers, realtek is nowhere to be found - no icon in system tray, no realtek device in device manager etc.

USB headphones work fine, just dont have any support for rear panel audio jacks, have disconnected front panel audi connector, installed fress win10 copy, still nothing

alcatraz5953, May 20, 2020
  3. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, May 20, 2020
  4. No audio device detected or installed

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 20, 2020
Thema:

No audio device detected or installed

1. No audio device detected or installed - Similar Threads - audio device detected

2. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  3. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  4. Audio device not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device not detected: I accidentally deleted the driver for my headset but I can't find them on the internet. And when I plug the Headset in it is the scorpion unicorn H8311 it is not detected. It was detected before but it suddenly stopped working. I am mostly sure it is not a problem with the...
  5. Audio device not detected

Audio device not detected: I accidentally deleted the driver for my headset but I can't find them on the internet. And when I plug the Headset in it is the scorpion unicorn H8311 it is not detected. It was detected before but it suddenly stopped working. I am mostly sure it is not a problem with the...
  6. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  7. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem: hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor...
  8. No audio device detected

No audio device detected: Basically, I can hear audio through my earphones but they do not show up as a device on my computer and they won't let me use my microphone. I've tried everything from reinstalling realtek audio to looking for disabled devices in the control panel but it's nowhere to be...
  9. Audio Device Not Detected

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Audio Device Not Detected: Hello everyone, I have an issue with my headset not getting any audio output from the PC. My headset does work when I connect it to my iPhone and it the port on the front of the pc can't be broken because it won't work with the port on the back either. So it has to do...
  10. no audio device detected

no audio device detected: when I plug my headphones into the front panel audio jack, a dialog box pops up, like this one: [img] Yet sound is turned off. I can look at this dialog box as well: [img] [img] Any help is appreciated. 118349