Windows 10: No audio device in device manager

Discus and support No audio device in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a cheap Dell Optiplex desktop PC for my mum to watch Netflix on her TV, it has SSD and HDMI out, so I thought it'll do the job she needs it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Funqi, May 17, 2020.

1. Funqi Win User

No audio device in device manager

I bought a cheap Dell Optiplex desktop PC for my mum to watch Netflix on her TV, it has SSD and HDMI out, so I thought it'll do the job she needs it for. I bought it off ebay a couple of months ago, but was so busy working, I'm only just plugging it in now, so probably too now late to go back to the seller.

The sound icon in the task bar has the little red X on it.
    Sound, video and game controllers are not listed in device manager. I went to Dell and downloaded the latest and old drivers to see if any will work, I downloaded the one below and although it will go through the whole installation routine, nothing at all changes, even after a reboot.
    https://www.dell.com/support/driver/...driverId=VWV9D

Wanted to check if it is enabled in the bios, but pressing f2 or f12 won't load the bios for some reason.

I tried the Add legacy device, but that just lead me to a dead end aswell. Tried windows update, then did a complete reset and still nothing. Maybe this machine wasn't made for Win10? Happy to roll back to Win7 or Win8 if that'll fix it, she's only gonna be using it to watch TV.

Either that or buy an HDMI card that has onboard sound?

:)

Funqi, May 17, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

No audio device in device manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, May 17, 2020
  3. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, May 17, 2020
  4. No audio device in device manager

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, May 17, 2020
Thema:

No audio device in device manager

1. No audio device in device manager - Similar Threads - audio device device

2. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    twice the audio devices in Device Manager: HelloPlease help, this problem is driving me up the walls.Whenever I plug an Audio device Jabra or Sennheiser BT dongle and an external camera is plugged in I get twice as many entries in the list.It's not just about the number of times on the list but it also causes havoc in...
  3. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    twice the audio devices in Device Manager: HelloPlease help, this problem is driving me up the walls.Whenever I plug an Audio device Jabra or Sennheiser BT dongle and an external camera is plugged in I get twice as many entries in the list.It's not just about the number of times on the list but it also causes havoc in...
  4. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing Audio Devices in Device Manager

Missing Audio Devices in Device Manager: I use my ASUS FX505 laptop as a presentation computer for work using ProPresenter7. It has been GREAT up to now for the last 16 months. When I turned it on last night to check my next presentation I noticed No Sound coming from my computer. After doing all the basic sound...
  6. Audio Device is listed in the Device Manager, but not recognized as an in-/ or output in...

Audio Device is listed in the Device Manager, but not recognized as an in-/ or output in...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, context: I'm using an audio interface Yamaha AG06 to capture sound from an XLR-microphone, and else. It can be used for plug n' play purposes and I never had a problem with it since I've reset my PC a couple of months ago. This morning I...
  7. Audio device suddenly disappeared from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio device suddenly disappeared from device manager: Hi, I use speakers built in my monitor (LG 27UK850). Suddenly, they have disappeared as audio source from every place in system, even from device manager. I dunno what can I do to bring them back, any ideas? submitted by /u/bajorro [link] [comments]...
  8. Why device manager showing two audio devices?

Why device manager showing two audio devices?: Why device manager showing two audio devices? Nothing connected to laptop. Laptop is not docked. [ATTACH] ThinkPad T490 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro X64...
  9. No hdmi audio device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No hdmi audio device in device manager: Audio plays through laptop speakers even when hdmi is plugged in. Looked to change the playback device but it wasn't there. (I have checked hidden devices) Looked in device manager under sound, video and game controllers (show hidden) and again there's no hdmi audio device....
  10. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices: Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the...