Windows 10: no audio device installed

Discus and support no audio device installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Turned on computer and speakers no longer work. Computer says no audio device installed under Sound. Red X No Audio Output Device is installed. Checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnsdye, Oct 11, 2018.

1. johnsdye Win User

no audio device installed

Turned on computer and speakers no longer work. Computer says no audio device installed under Sound. Red X No Audio Output Device is installed. Checked speakers and they worked with other device. Googled problem and nothing has fixed problem.

:)

johnsdye, Oct 11, 2018

2. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, Oct 13, 2018
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 13, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. no audio device installed - Similar Threads - audio device installed

2. No Audio devices installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio devices installed: Every time I start my laptop, it says that there are no audio devices installed. I can't seem to find any solution. The troubleshooter says that there are no audio devices connected and does not do anything.However, I have an external display device connected to the laptop...
  3. No audio device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed: When I tried to follow the instructions on Intel website to fix the input audio, I think I removed some programs by mistake. Then it caused no audio device as well as you see in the screenshot. Could you please help how to fix this issue ?For more information:Intel® Celeron®...
  4. No audio device is installed

No audio device is installed: Hi everyone i could use some help So after windows 11 update 22h2 i couldn't use my laptop speaker it says No audio device is installed and usually i supposed to see Realtek Audio or something like that but now i cant I tried to update Drivers through the Device managers but...
  5. no audio device is installed

no audio device is installed: my laptop is showing "no audio device is installed". I have tried window reinstall, update realtke driver, reinstall realtake driver. please tell me what should i do??https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asf9AmPj8yv1lmqzrTJo_31NKowJ?e=v3Olbs...
  6. no audio device installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio device installed: no audio device installed * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-installed/864fe22f-005e-4675-a427-f1b8b2f25cce
  7. "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio device is installed": Hello,I've been getting this problem since yesterday and it's that windows can't identify the audio device. In the device manager, it appears under the category "unknown devices". I've tried updating the driver, but it can't find any. I've also tried downloading the driver...
  8. No Audio Audio Device Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Audio Device Installed: HP ZBook Studio G3 running W10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.964). I have run the troubleshooters, updated / reinstalled the drivers and uninstalled / deleted the drivers then re-install. In BIOS, I run the Audio Test and I can hear the beep test sound. Device Mgr is clean, but none...
  9. No audio device is installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio device is installed: How to get my laptop'sound back to normally ? i tried many solution but it is not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-is-installed/afd75f28-64a3-4575-a72c-6f22f896a184
  10. No audio device install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio device install.: My H/P Laptop has no sound, the message above is what I got, did I delete them by mistake the laptop is 2yrs old. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-install/62972519-320c-4b6e-8a79-f0f1b6c67fa4