Windows 10: no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

Discus and support no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It happened recently within a month or so. The sound used to work. I tried to install drivers but I don't even have the sound tab anymore. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OceanJester, Dec 8, 2018.

1. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

It happened recently within a month or so. The sound used to work. I tried to install drivers but I don't even have the sound tab anymore. The troubleshooter doesn't do anything it says can't detect the problem.

no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device manager anymore

windows 10

:)

OceanJester, Dec 8, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, Dec 8, 2018
  3. HD Audio controller cannot start code 10, No audio output device is installed, No sound controllers in device manager.

I have an Acer Aspire E1-531 running Windows 10 anniversary update. I used the free update option, and updated from Windows 7. The problem is I get no sound whatsoever, and in device manager, under system devices, the high definition audio controller has
    a yellow exclamation mark and code 10. There is no sound, game, and video controller tab in the device manager. On the taskbar, there is a red x on the speaker symbol, saying that no output device is installed. Opening the sound menu, there are no playback
    or recording devices, even with show disabled and disconnected. The problem started before I had updated, after a battery repair. I've tried uninstalling the high definition audio controller, but after I refresh it just comes back. I've tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling drivers, and other suggestions I've found in Microsoft answers but nothing has worked yet.

I can get a sound, video, and game controller menu in device manager if I use add legacy hardware, and select Realtek high definition audio device. But then the Realtek high definition audio device also gives a "This device cannot start" (Code 10) Request
    not supported.

NiakSumser, Dec 8, 2018
  4. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

Since the last Windows 10 update I have no sound. (I am assuming this because last week was fine)

The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

I tried the troubleshooter but AudioPlaybackDiagnostic not working. (A problem ocurred preventing the troubleshooter from working).

In Device Manager/Other Devices;

• Multimedia Audio Controller 'The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).There are no drivers for this device. Update = no results
    • PCI Simple Communications Controller=same issue
    In Device Manager/ Sound, video and game controllers

• NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (wave extensible)(WDM); Windows cannot verify the digital signature
    • NVidia GeForce 210; This device is working properly
    In Device Manager/ System devices/ High Definition Audio Controller;

• Windows cannot verify the digital signature . This is a Windows driver Ver. 10.0.10586.0 Date; 10/29/2015
    I have uninstalled / installed drivers with no change.

Also; in Control Panel / Devices and Printers, the folder is empty
    but my printers still work. Add a device function = 'No Device Found'

What can I do next? Do I reinstall the free upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how?

Fendermate, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

1. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device... - Similar Threads - audio device output

2. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...
  3. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...
  4. My audio output device shows in Device Manage but not in System/Sound or in Control Panel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio output device shows in Device Manage but not in System/Sound or in Control Panel...: How do I troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-output-device-shows-in-device-manage-but/b12e4b08-c1ee-45ff-9de0-0f4c69409741
  5. My audio output device shows in Device Manage but not in System/Sound or in Control Panel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio output device shows in Device Manage but not in System/Sound or in Control Panel...: How do I troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-output-device-shows-in-device-manage-but/b12e4b08-c1ee-45ff-9de0-0f4c69409741
  6. My audio output device shows in Device Manage but not in System/Sound or in Control Panel...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  8. Audio device connected to USB game controller not outputting audio

Audio device connected to USB game controller not outputting audio: I have an audio device plugged into my USB game controller, and although my PC is telling me it is connected and unmuted, it will not output sound. this is confusing as a few days prior I had no issue with this,...
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi. Long time ago, I play with upgrading HDD to SSD, GRUB and some other stuff and I failed and messed my computer up. Now my desktop is still using HDD and does not produce any sound. I tried to fix this problem by Googling "No Audio output device is installed" but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware multimedia audio The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

2. installed the drivers but still sound. video and game controllers empty

3. realtek high definition audio device change to realtek audio device in windows 10 ver 1809