Windows 10: No audio devices detected

Discus and support No audio devices detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, after upgrading to Windows 10, my computer no longer detects any audio devices. Device manager only detects nvidia hd audio Playback devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alcatraz5953, Aug 9, 2015.

1. No audio devices detected

So, after upgrading to Windows 10, my computer no longer detects any audio devices.

Device manager only detects nvidia hd audio
    Playback devices only detects nvidia hd audio

After installing realtek drivers, realtek is nowhere to be found - no icon in system tray, no realtek device in device manager etc.

USB headphones work fine, just dont have any support for rear panel audio jacks, have disconnected front panel audi connector, installed fress win10 copy, still nothing

:)

alcatraz5953, Aug 9, 2015

2. No external audio playback devices detected Windows 10... headphones, speakers, etc.

I have recently updated to Windows 10. I use my headphones fairly frequently, and I've noticed that the audio that plays through them after the Windows 10 upgrade sounds very tinny... almost as if the sound that is produced through the Laptop speakers is
    heard through my headphones. The same applies when I plug in my speakers. The only playback devices detected are the laptop's speakers, even when my headphones and external speakers are plugged in.

The laptop I have is a three year old Toshiba Satellite C850D. How can I rectify this issue and have the sound quality as normal? I've tried updating the audio software so I'm up-to-date, but it's not done anything.

Thanks.

LaurenLDP94, Aug 9, 2015
  3. No external audio playback devices detected Windows 10... headphones, speakers, etc.

Hello Lauren,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 9, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio devices detected

First step, reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers. Then restart the PC and check after Windows has started to see if the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio Driver is installed for the sound. If it is and the sound works you can then reinstall the Realtek drivers (if Windows doesn't install that instead of the HD Audio).

USB headphones work as they do not use the PC audio, they take digital data and do the audio conversion inside the headset.

fireberd, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Installed chipset drivers, rebooted, absolutely no change whatsoever

6. Under sound, video and game controllers the only device present is Nvidia HD audio

If I go under system devices there are two hd audio controllers present, one being the nvidia one..

Have tried updating, uninstalling, reinstalling the other one, all to no avail

7. fireberd Win User
    I have another user, on the Windows 7 forum, that upgraded to Win 10 and lost audio. They went back to Win 7 but still lost, similar to yours. Unfortunately the next step for that user is a clean Win 7 install. I hate to tell you that too, but something to consider.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No audio devices detected

1. No audio devices detected - Similar Threads - audio devices detected

2. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  3. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  4. Audio device not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device not detected: I accidentally deleted the driver for my headset but I can't find them on the internet. And when I plug the Headset in it is the scorpion unicorn H8311 it is not detected. It was detected before but it suddenly stopped working. I am mostly sure it is not a problem with the...
  5. Audio device not detected

Audio device not detected: I accidentally deleted the driver for my headset but I can't find them on the internet. And when I plug the Headset in it is the scorpion unicorn H8311 it is not detected. It was detected before but it suddenly stopped working. I am mostly sure it is not a problem with the...
  6. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  7. Audio device detection

Audio device detection: I have a an issue when I plug in my headset. The windows system / realtek r Audio driver does not see the microphone. It shows up as headphones and there is no option to identify it as a head set. Previously on my old Windows 10 laptop a popup used to appear to ask what...
  8. No audio device detected

No audio device detected: Basically, I can hear audio through my earphones but they do not show up as a device on my computer and they won't let me use my microphone. I've tried everything from reinstalling realtek audio to looking for disabled devices in the control panel but it's nowhere to be...
  9. Audio Device Not Detected

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Audio Device Not Detected: Hello everyone, I have an issue with my headset not getting any audio output from the PC. My headset does work when I connect it to my iPhone and it the port on the front of the pc can't be broken because it won't work with the port on the back either. So it has to do...
  10. no audio device detected

no audio device detected: when I plug my headphones into the front panel audio jack, a dialog box pops up, like this one: [img] Yet sound is turned off. I can look at this dialog box as well: [img] [img] Any help is appreciated. 118349