Windows 10: No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included

Discus and support No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I now have no sound and troubleshooting can't even find the built in laptop speakers or microphone that were working perfectly in the previous 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RC Cotrone, Sep 24, 2019.

1. No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included

I now have no sound and troubleshooting can't even find the built in laptop speakers or microphone that were working perfectly in the previous 1803 build.

:)

RC Cotrone, Sep 24, 2019

2. Built in mic not working

Hi Ravindran,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing in-built mic on your device, we will help with this issue.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

This issue might have also occurred due to corrupted drivers hence, I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it
    I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked
    but the weird part is when i try to record my voice my mic doesn't work at all i can't hear anything i've tried muting "microphone" in speaker propetiies and that stops it but i still can't use my mic at all
    it's making me really angry*Mad
    i should probably mention that it's an internal mic
    this i what i have the settings at

No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included [​IMG]

No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included [​IMG]

constantcanada, Sep 24, 2019
  4. No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop.

I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built into my earbuds, but when I use these earbuds on my phone I am able to use the microphone seamlessly.

For further information, the default recording device on my computer is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, and I've done several tests to confirm that it is indeed the mic that is built into my Asus laptop.

Much thanks and cheers.

ThomasJeong, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included

1. No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included - Similar Threads - audio devices found

2. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  3. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  4. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  6. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  7. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hearing built-in mic through speakers

Hearing built-in mic through speakers: I always hear my built-in mic, even though all mics except for my external mic are disabled. This is very annoying as I can hear the white noise from it and if I, for example, tap my finger on it I can hear the sound from it. I can hear it as soon as the computer is beginning...
  9. After W10 update no audio output device found, device manager locked by administrator...

After W10 update no audio output device found, device manager locked by administrator...: As given in the subject I have been following others advice's and gone and tried below actions but nothing has worked so far. was unable to add Realtek High definition Audio device Tried going to Microsoft and installing audio device and got error message: Install...
  10. Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019

Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019: I just installed the new Windows update (Version 1903) yesterday 9/26/19 and now my laptop's built in speakers and mic aren't recognized under the Sound Settings device lists. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and restarted after using the troubleshooter a bunch of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no audio device detected after windows 10 update 1903

2. windows 10 1903 no audio devices detected

3. no audio devices found in windows pro 1903

4. windows 10 1903 no audio device found