Windows 10: No Audio Devices Installed - after windows update

Discus and support No Audio Devices Installed - after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 must have done an automatic update, and now I have no audio on my Dell laptop. The sound icon the the task bar has a red x. When I complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnaK1234, Oct 4, 2019.

1. AnnaK1234 Win User

No Audio Devices Installed - after windows update

Windows 10 must have done an automatic update, and now I have no audio on my Dell laptop. The sound icon the the task bar has a red x. When I complete the audio troubleshooter it only says "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" but when I go to view detailed information it detects an audio issue.

I have tried every troubleshooting suggested. I have checked for windows updates. I am up to date. I have restarted my laptop. That didn't help. I have uninstalled the audio devices from the device manager, then restarted my computer and reinstalled.

What else can I possibly do to get the sound to work?

:)

AnnaK1234, Oct 4, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2019
  3. mikek75 Win User
    Modem on HD Audio device not installed....

I just bought a Toshiba Equiem P200D 139 lappy which came with Vista. Having spent a couple of days with it its obvious that Vista is a bit too much for it (or maybe it was the pre-installed bloat...), so I've installed XP Pro on it. So far so good, its much more responsive now, and I've found most of the drivers for it (a bit of a chore since Toshiba don't list any XP drivers!!).

Device Manager only shows one remaining triangle, beside Modem on HD Audio device, and I just can't find a driver for it! Tried right clicking and update driver, which worked for a few devices, but this one obstinately refuses to work. Any ideas?*Bang Head :banghead:

mikek75, Oct 4, 2019
  4. No Audio Devices Installed - after windows update

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

No Audio Devices Installed - after windows update

1. No Audio Devices Installed - after windows update - Similar Threads - Audio Devices Installed

2. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  3. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  4. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  6. No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.

No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.: RCA Tablet W101_V2 old but good fellaDon't know which update caused problem.Had just reset to help keyboard issue, which did fix.RCA contacted, no help but to reset again which will give me same update that caused audio problem.Have tried reinstalling drivers, previous...
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed Condition after Windows updates

No Audio Output Device is Installed Condition after Windows updates: several updates were installed on my surfacepro this past weekend. my audio device subsequently stopped working. when i hover over the audio device icon in my system tray i see a message "No Audio Output Device is Installed". i had an IM chat with a microsoft tech who...
  8. No Audio device installed after windows 10 update

No Audio device installed after windows 10 update: Hi Getting problem with Audio device after windows 10 update. Windows Specification is given bellow My Device Details: HP 15-BS145TU Please do the needful as early as possible....
  9. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed", After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/565bd59e-fb0c-4263-8e40-134a21288f87
  10. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed",After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/8046c142-58b3-4fb9-bfa0-bb07bffa6fb1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do when troubleshooter says error in realtek audio cannot idenfy.