Windows 10: No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board

Discus and support No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built a game PC around AMD Ryzen 7 3700X on a Gigabyte M550B-DS3H board. I downloaded the MB drivers and audio drivers from the Gigabyte site,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BilboBaggins907, Dec 8, 2020.

1. No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board

I just built a game PC around AMD Ryzen 7 3700X on a Gigabyte M550B-DS3H board. I downloaded the MB drivers and audio drivers from the Gigabyte site, but the little speaker symbol in the system tray show the red X. Opening the Sound icon in Control Panel says 'No Audio Devices are Installed'. Is the motherboard defective...or am I missing something? Do I need to change something in the BIOS settings?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks...

Hobbit709

:)

BilboBaggins907, Dec 8, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

@DrCarl, no need to do a step upgrade (upgrade from successive versions). Just get the latest version and update with that. It will have the fixes from the previous updates so no need for 1,2,3.

After the update, you'll want to go into the BIOS and hit "Load Optimized defaults" as this will insure your BIOS is configured for the hardware installed. In fact the owner's manual suggests doing so anytime a BIOS update or CMOS battery replacement is done.

If you have any custom BIOS settings you'll need to reconfigure them after the update as they aren't saved with the new update. Also why you need to at do the "Load Optimized defaults" thing.

Please see section 4.2 (page 72) of your owner's manual. Please make sure you follow the onscreen instructions and DO NOT TURN OFF THE PC while the update is progressing unless told to do so!!!

And yes, use the Q-Flash method. it's the one I've been using since getting my first of 5 Gigabyte boards. In fact I have the GA-X58A-UD5. My latest boards are listed in my system specs.

sygnus21, Dec 8, 2020
  3. BM79 Win User
    realtek audio manager for ALC1220-VB codec (gigabyte)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra , BIOS v F8

Audio (on-board): Realtek ALC1120-VB codec

Steps already taken:

updated all drivers and chipsets to most current

confirmed in apps list, control panel, Startup panel, and Search that there is no Realtek Audio Manager installed

disabled all audio controllers that are not Realtek

uninstalled all Realtek audio drivers (including checking the box to delete associated driver) in Device Manager

rebooted and reinstalled a number of versions of the latest drivers from both the manufacturer website, Aorus, and Microsoft Catalogue, and even the R282 version from 2017 from Realtek

No matter what I do, the Audio Manager does not install and I therefore have no way to re-task the line-in jacks for 5.1 channel sound.

My questions are:

1. where can I get a complete installer that will properly install both driver and Audio Manager

2. what is the name/version of the drivers I need

3. is the process described above adequate and if not, please describe in detail the necessary process

BM79, Dec 8, 2020
  4. No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board

realtek audio manager for ALC1220-VB codec (gigabyte)

rudykingcobra, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board

1. No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board - Similar Threads - Audio Gigabyte B550M

2. Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC: I do not know how to enable the Secure Boot. I tried by using the BIOS mode and I couldn't find the option. I've tried by using the Windows troubleshooting https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-and-secure-boot-a8ff1202-c0d9-42f5-940f-843abef64fad and no...
  3. Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC: I do not know how to enable the Secure Boot. I tried by using the BIOS mode and I couldn't find the option. I've tried by using the Windows troubleshooting https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-and-secure-boot-a8ff1202-c0d9-42f5-940f-843abef64fad and no...
  4. Does anyone have problem in wifi on gigabyte B550M ds3h ac windows 11 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have problem in wifi on gigabyte B550M ds3h ac windows 11 pro?: I have tried many way to solve problems. And finally I am downgrade to windows 10 for this. Any one have solution for this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-have-problem-in-wifi-on-gigabyte-b550m/0fd28e17-a198-419d-97da-0d9e9e2febeb
  5. Does anyone have problem in wifi on gigabyte B550M ds3h ac windows 11 pro?

Does anyone have problem in wifi on gigabyte B550M ds3h ac windows 11 pro?: I have tried many way to solve problems. And finally I am downgrade to windows 10 for this. Any one have solution for this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-have-problem-in-wifi-on-gigabyte-b550m/0fd28e17-a198-419d-97da-0d9e9e2febeb
  6. Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...

Getting unexpected ernal mode trap error on windows 10 with gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi board...: Built three brand new builds two with gigabyte boards and ryzen cpus and one with asus board and Intel i7 11700k cpu. Every time I connect to wifi I get bsod kernal mode trap. The gigabyte will run fine on 5ghz wifi but if I switch to 2.4ghz it will error blue screen and...
  7. Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD: I am trying to install Windows 11, which the PC Health Check told me i needed fTPM enabled. Got that done. Next i needed to install Secure Boot. I looked online on how to do that with my MB. Trouble is, when i enable Secure Boot and exit and save it, it keeps booting back...
  8. Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD

Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD: I am trying to install Windows 11, which the PC Health Check told me i needed fTPM enabled. Got that done. Next i needed to install Secure Boot. I looked online on how to do that with my MB. Trouble is, when i enable Secure Boot and exit and save it, it keeps booting back...
  9. Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Ryzen 5600x and Gigabyte B550m DS3H with SVM enabled won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ryzen 5600x and Gigabyte B550m DS3H with SVM enabled won't boot: Hi, I have Ryzen 5 5600x with Gigabyte B550m DS3h mobo, when I enabled SVM win 10 wont bootBIOS updated to latest, with bitdefender clean install on win 10 Version 21H1 latest updates...