Windows 10: No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

Discus and support No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The other day I started up my computer and I had no audio through my headphones, so I restarted it and still had no audio. Realtek audio manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Boss_baby2017, Sep 27, 2019.

1. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

The other day I started up my computer and I had no audio through my headphones, so I restarted it and still had no audio. Realtek audio manager sometimes forgets to open up so I checked for that and couldn't get it turned on. After restarting a few times I checked out my device manager and there was no Realtek driver there anymore, even when I told it to show hidden hardware. I also noted one of the High Definition Audio Controllers has the error "This Device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful." I've tried uninstalling the HD Audio Controller to force it to reinstall but when it comes back it still has the same error. I've seen other people with other issues online, and tried the solutions I could find to no avail. I did a clean install of windows, flashed BIOS, and used DDU to totally uninstall Realtek so Windows could try to automatically reinstall it. When I go to the ASUS website and download the Realtek drivers for my motherboard from there I run the Setup.exe and it finishes the install wizard then restarts my PC and that creates a Realtek folder in Program Files (x86), but the folder is empty except for this update executable that does seemingly nothing. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone 5c83c270-7fca-431c-9f76-5c41e9f22c46?upload=true.png

No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone 6bdd052c-424a-4b4e-b4f6-0d2831be5e93?upload=true.png

Here's what shows on my Device Manager currently.

My motherboard is an ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S, and I'm running Windows 10 1903 Version.

I'm at a loss of ideas here for what to do next. I'm wondering if I need to fix the HD Audio Controller before Realtek will work or if its the motherboard that isn't working. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Boss_baby2017, Sep 27, 2019

2. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Rich H567 Win User
    Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Sep 27, 2019
  4. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

1. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone - Similar Threads - audio headphones Realtek

2. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems: When I booted up my pc, there's no audio. Realtek Drivers were missing in device manager as well. I also noticed that when I shut down my pc, my fans are still spinning until I press and hold my power button. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  3. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems: When I booted up my pc, there's no audio. Realtek Drivers were missing in device manager as well. I also noticed that when I shut down my pc, my fans are still spinning until I press and hold my power button. Please help, thank you in advance!...
  4. Realtek Audio Drivers Gone No Audio, No Microphone and extra problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  6. Realtek Audio Drivers are gone.

Realtek Audio Drivers are gone.: All traces of Realtek Audio Drivers have disappeared from my computer. They somewhat appear in task manager but they have the "Default Program" icon. It is enabled on startup and I have tried reinstalling it from everywhere. My computer's manufactures only gave the option of...
  7. Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.

Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.: So my laptop is the Acer nitro 5 and it came with Realtek audio on it. Currently right now I am unable to get my headphone drivers working on my computer. I went to the Acer website and went to my specific make and model and redownloaded the drivers and it is still not...
  8. Audio Issues- headphones and realtek

Audio Issues- headphones and realtek: So when my headphones are plugged into the audio jack (not USB), the sound seems to KINDA go thru them but also just goes straight thru my speakers as well. When I checked the sounds window, there were no headphones being recognized as plugged in, it's like they don't exist....
  9. Realtek Audio Driver gone missing

Realtek Audio Driver gone missing: i have a brand new msi gv62 8rd. hasnt even been 3 days and im already having audio issues after an update that caused my computer to freeze. it basically shows as if i dont have any internal speakers installed at all. re installing the and updating the drivers HAS NOT helped...
  10. My realtek drivers are gone and i have no audio

My realtek drivers are gone and i have no audio: Hi! Last night when i turned on my computer i noticed that there was an X next to the sound icon, so naturally i clicked it and found out that the PC wasn't identifying my USB Speakers. I opened the Device manager and i saw this:[ATTACH] Of course i tried to update USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668