Windows 10: No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV

Discus and support No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased an ASUS ROG Strix G512LV running Windows 10. Originally the sound worked fine through the laptop's speakers, then a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andy_UK#, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Andy_UK# Win User

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV

Hi,

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG Strix G512LV running Windows 10. Originally the sound worked fine through the laptop's speakers, then a few weeks ago it stopped working, but was resolved by rolling the audio driver back from Audio_Realtek_Nahimic_ROG_V6089401 to Audio_Realtek_Nahimic_ROG_V6089311.

This weekend the sound has stopped working again. When the laptop boots up it makes the usual ROG sound, but then as soon as Windows is reached it doesn't make any. I've tried both the above drivers, multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I've also tried changing the BIOS from 309 to 310, but that hasn't made any difference. I've tried two different headphones too and they do not have sound either.

I've gone into device manager and disabled/enabled Realtek and updated drivers / uninstalled / reinstalled drivers.

The speaker icon is showing that it is on and allows me to change the level too.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Andy_UK#, Aug 8, 2020

2. Lots of screen tearing with brand-new Asus ROG Strix Scar III

I have just bought a new Asus ROG Strix Scar III (Intel i7 9750H, RTX 2070, 17.3", 144 Hz) which ships with RTX 2070 and I am experiencing lots of screen tearing even while watching YouTube videos,
    not to mention games!
    All the OS updates are installed as well as the latest Nvidia GeForce Game-Ready driver. Could you please help me to fix this frustrating issue and let me enjoy my new notebook? I need your help desperately. Thank you
    very much in advance.

Here are my display adapters:

• Intel UHD Graphics 630
    • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
    Note: As it is recommended by some people, there is no "Fast sync" option in the Nvidia Control Panel->Vertical sync preference.

Talha Kabakus, Aug 8, 2020
  3. ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming Question

Hi, I’ve installed a ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming motherboard and noticed on the m.2 ports each as a pad about 1cm square, should it be removed?

kuyenmotdivad, Aug 8, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

ASUS Intros ROG Strix Fusion 500 Gaming Headset

ASUS introduced the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Strix Fusion 500 gaming headset, a step up from the Strix Fusion 300 the company launched last September. The headset essentially retains the design of the Fusion 300, but steps it up with gold-metallic body panels around the cans, RGB multi-color LED diffusers replacing the red LED accents, which you can control via ASUS Aura Sync RGB software; and under the hood enhancements.

The headset uses a higher quality ESS Sabre 9018 DAC combined with ESS 9601 amplifier. The DAC has a high SNR, and puts out 24-bit/96 kHz audio. The enhanced audio setup is mated with 50 mm ASUS Essence drivers, and improvements made to the passive acoustic dampening material around your ears. ASUS included game-specific virtual-7.1 surround DSPs with this headset. Available now, the ASUS ROG Strix Fusion is priced at USD $179.99, about $50 pricier than the Fusion 300.

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV P22SytJrOIjciNCJ_thm.jpg

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV 1anqgBxCFhcb9crG_thm.jpg

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV eYh3OArk4kcPhjN6_thm.jpg

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV jyaCuIBcdbXaW68A_thm.jpg

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV iZSOKAUJ2T2LRGVv_thm.jpg

btarunr, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV - Similar Threads - audio ASUS ROG

2. Asus rog strix g15 driver don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus rog strix g15 driver don't work: So for the past year my laptops been working fine but suddenly about a week or two ago it's wifi driver started to have a caution mark,I've done all i can to fix it going from updating, network resetting, downloading from the site, disabling and reenabling The wifi appears...
  3. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  4. ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart: I get the blue screen of death only when I restart my computer, not with the initial booting on the system. The error states the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, What failed: ACPI.SYS. A have tried several fixes...
  5. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  6. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  7. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  8. Boot issues ASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot issues ASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming: Hi all, As the thread mentions I'm getting slow boot times compared to my Z490 which had the same hardware (except board) & software. Winver 19042.804. I get a hang on welcome screen for at least 10 seconds but it's consistent. I'm not the best at tracing so maybe one of...
  9. sound problem in brand new asus ROG strix hero 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound problem in brand new asus ROG strix hero 2: My laptop can play a sound everything when I open from shutdown, and I need restart so that the driver can be detected. Can I know what problem is that, I checked from other forum said that might be Sonic Studio problem and I had deleted. Recently when I was watching youtube...
  10. sound problem in brand new asus ROG strix hero 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound problem in brand new asus ROG strix hero 2: So, there appears to be a problem with my computer. The volume would automatically and randomly change from low to high. This has nothing to do with the volume slider. It stays the same. However, the actual volume keeps on changing. I first experienced this while watching...