Windows 10: No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup

Discus and support No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having issues with somenot all games that i have installed where i dont have any audio at all while playing , so i did a little research and i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by auripless, Nov 28, 2020.

1. auripless Win User

No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup

I am having issues with somenot all games that i have installed where i dont have any audio at all while playing , so i did a little research and i was told to download and setup the directx end-user runtime , the problem is that i receive an error and when i check the windows log for directx these three errors that are there

[11/28/20 21:12:51] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6124, function: CFusion::CFusion

Failed API: LoadLibraryShim

Error: 0x80131700

--------------------

[11/28/20 21:12:51] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2969, function: IsMDXInUse

Unable to initialize MDXCheck.

--------------------

[11/28/20 21:12:51] module: dsetup32Mar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn failed.

really need help as i dont know what i should do to fix this

:)

auripless, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2020
  3. in Book worm i get this.fatal error Unable to prepare game executable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the game while executing it. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• From where did you download the Book worm game?
    • Since when are you facing this issue with the game?
    • Did you try to execute any other game and getting the same error?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Please provide us the screenshot of the error while executing the game. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
      posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 28, 2020
  4. No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup

1. No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup - Similar Threads - audio games error

2. Strange audio bug in some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange audio bug in some games: I don't know if it's a Windows problem, or a problem with the games, but I've already sent support requests to the game supports to see if I can get answers there. Another possible issue could be windows, either me not having something set right, not having something...
  3. Strange audio bug in some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange audio bug in some games: I don't know if it's a Windows problem, or a problem with the games, but I've already sent support requests to the game supports to see if I can get answers there. Another possible issue could be windows, either me not having something set right, not having something...
  4. OpenGL Error At Some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenGL Error At Some games.: Hello, Today i installed a steam game but when i lauch it shows these errors. I checked OpenGl dlls in system32 system 62 I know system 62 has anohter name And there was OpenGl DLLS. I ewen tryed to change dll's that i dowloadded in internet but same problem. Game Name Show...
  5. OpenGL Error At Some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenGL Error At Some games.: Hello, Today i installed a steam game but when i lauch it shows these errors. I checked OpenGl dlls in system32 system 62 I know system 62 has anohter name And there was OpenGl DLLS. I ewen tryed to change dll's that i dowloadded in internet but same problem. Game Name Show...
  6. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine: On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix this? submitted by /u/hugo823 [link] [comments]...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games: My bluetooth audio gets distorted for some games like Cyberpunk and Red Dead but it's sounds fine with Dark souls 3 and Sekiro. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/kiddfrommars [link] [comments]...
  8. No Audio for some Games after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio for some Games after Windows Update: I have recently installed the Windows 10 Update, after the restart there was no audio on the system for all the apps and games, even when I try to play a Video on YouTube it shows some error I don't remember the error message. Then I uninstalled the update and after the...
  9. Audio Service isn't executed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service isn't executed: So i started up my pc , and when i did the sound wasn't working. I saw if there was any updates made to the audio and there wasn't. I updated the device and everything. After that i got to services.msc and tried to activate the service but it gives me some kind of Error 2....
  10. audio issues in some games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio issues in some games: I am using windows 10 1809 in a variety of machines Halo: Combat Evolved has issues with the dialog, not sure if there is a codec missing Freelancer also has some similar issues with spoken dialog i tried installing dx9 fresh no help any ideas what is missing to get...