Windows 10: No audio in wired headphones

Discus and support No audio in wired headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer doesn't detect my wired headphones. I've tried different headphones and none of them have worked. Its also not a hardware issue since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LolmanOk, Mar 6, 2021.

1. No audio in wired headphones

My computer doesn't detect my wired headphones. I've tried different headphones and none of them have worked. Its also not a hardware issue since ubuntu seems to pick them up no problem. Is there any way to fix this? My computer is a Acer Aspire f5-522.

submitted by /u/LolmanOk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LolmanOk, Mar 6, 2021
  2. eddiej(2) Win User

Dolby audio only with wire headphones?

Is there a way that I can use Dolby Audio settings in my bluetooth headphones? I receive a message that can only be used with wire headphones... thanks for your reply folks!

eddiej(2), Mar 6, 2021
  3. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

No audio in wired headphones

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

No audio in wired headphones

1. No audio in wired headphones - Similar Threads - audio wired headphones

2. conversion of Lenovo wired headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conversion of Lenovo wired headphones: I recently purchased a "Lenovo Go Wired ANC" headset. In the description on line it said that is was a wired ANC headset, and that was all. I wanted a regular set of headphones with an active noise control circuit in it, with am regular 1/8" stereo phono plug at the end. The...
  3. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  4. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  5. wired headphone detection problem?

wired headphone detection problem?: Before starting my laptop when I connect my wired 3.5mm headphone it works fine, but after reconnecting it again it do not detect it. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-headphone-detection-problem/fd47bcae-8f26-460f-be39-95fa8f09e987
  6. wired headphone detection problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired headphone detection problem?: Before starting my laptop when I connect my wired 3.5mm headphone it works fine, but after reconnecting it again it do not detect it. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-headphone-detection-problem/fd47bcae-8f26-460f-be39-95fa8f09e987
  7. Wired Headphone Quality is Bad

Wired Headphone Quality is Bad: My audio is bad when I plug in my headphones on windows 11 but when I uninstall the Realtek Audio it gets better after I restart my computer. It automatically reinstalls the Realtek Audio though. I want it to be able to where I can I have Realtek Audio and still have good...
  8. Wired Headphones not working/recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Headphones not working/recognized: Hi there, So I had been using wired headphones for my computer for all my life. Recently one of my headphones had died so I was forced to use my wireless headphones AirPods for my computer. I recently just got a new pair of headphones and they do not work for me anymore....
  9. Wired headphones with boom mic.

Wired headphones with boom mic.: We are using for conference calls through Zoom, yes aware of Zoom problems. I purchased a set of SteelSeries ARCTIS 1. They have a 3.5 mm jack. My HP Spectre laptop has only one jack. We get sound but mic does not work .Can you help? We have available HDMI port. Appreciate...
  10. No sound from wired headphones

No sound from wired headphones: I have a pair of wired headphones but i cannot hear sound when connected to front heasphone jack on my Asus pc and investigated Realtek HD Audio Manager settings but cannot see anything happen when headphones connected the front audio jacks appear greyed out and have ticked...