Windows 10: No Audio Input or Output Devices found

Discus and support No Audio Input or Output Devices found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_Bexhill, Oct 19, 2019.

1. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

:)

David_Bexhill, Oct 19, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 19, 2019
  3. BenFryer3 Win User
    Trying to reinstall audio input and output device

my audio stopped working so I searched up what to do and it said to uninstall and reinstall the sound device so I then accidently uninstalled audio input and output and no I do't know how to reinstall it.

also i'm on windows 10.

BenFryer3, Oct 19, 2019
  4. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

Audio Input Device

Hi Bandjo,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue about audio and I will help you solve this.

First of all I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Audio driver:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "View"

4. Click on "Show hidden device"

5. Click on "Sound video and games controller

6. Right click on your audio card

7. Click on "Uninstall device"

8. Repeat point 6 and 7 for each device under Sound video and games Controller

9. Click on "Audio input and output"

10. Right click on your audio device

11. Click on "Uninstall device"

12. Repeat point 10 and 11 for each device under Audio Input and Output

13. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

If after that you still experience audio problems, please follow this procedure:

1. Press WINDOWS + I

2. Click on "Update and Security"

3. Click on "Troubleshooter"

4. Click on "Audio playback"

5. Follow on screen instructions.

StefanoTamiotti, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

No Audio Input or Output Devices found

1. No Audio Input or Output Devices found - Similar Threads - Audio Input Output

2. "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work: I just updated a bunch of drivers on my computer. After the update, audio completely stopped working, and when I went to troubleshoot, it found no input or output devices. By now, I've updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled my audio devices countless times. I took a screenshot...
  3. "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "no audio output/input devices found" problem; no solutions work: I just updated a bunch of drivers on my computer. After the update, audio completely stopped working, and when I went to troubleshoot, it found no input or output devices. By now, I've updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled my audio devices countless times. I took a screenshot...
  4. No audio input devices found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio input devices found: I have been trying use my computers microphone, it was working fine. But all of a sudden my laptop stopped detecting microphone since 2 days on my dell pc.It constantly shows 'no input devices found' in settings. Even with and without plugging in an earphone. Please help me...
  5. No input and output devices found on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No input and output devices found on laptop: [ATTACH] The only output device found is my Google Home and it works fine. But then not even the laptop's speakers and mic are there. And when I plug in my headphones they don't show up either. Pretty sure this all happened after a driver update. What can I do?...
  6. No input device found, output device not working.

No input device found, output device not working.: Hello, I've recently purchased an Alienware computer and have been been experiencing issues. The audio on the computer doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything coming out, and the computer cant hear me. I have headphones, with a microphone that needs to be plugged in....
  7. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  8. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  9. No Audio Output Device Found

No Audio Output Device Found: I turned on my Samsung Galaxy Book runnin 64bit Windows 10 a shot time ago and discovered no sound. Hovering over the speaker icon displays the "No audio output device found". I have attempted nearly every troubleshooter I can find online. Each of the items in the device...
  10. No audio input device found

No audio input device found: Cortana 't respond to my voice after recognising "Hey Cortana". Other voice inputs like Ok Google work fine. Help!!! 64287

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seeing no input devices found in input of sound settings windows

2. audio inputs and outputs not listed in device manager lenovo