Windows 10: No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

Discus and support No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My PC's audio input is not being picked up by the remote machine. Checked the usual suspects i.e. connection settings, group policy,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amazin_marvin, Nov 19, 2018.

1. No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

Hello,

My PC's audio input is not being picked up by the remote machine. Checked the usual suspects i.e. connection settings, group policy, fDisableAudioCapture, remote desktop services (like port redirection). All seems to be as you'd expect and the remote audio device input is visible in 'Sounds' panel, however it's not actually picking up any input from my microphone (local audio recording works fine). Both machines are running win10 pro 1803, not experiencing any other issues.

Would welcome help with this issue as I'm a bit stuck troubleshooting.

Cheers!

:)

amazin_marvin, Nov 19, 2018
  2. JimGing Win User

Server 2016 Essentials RDP session - no keyboard or mouse

After installing the latest build 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755 I'm having this problem.

When reconnecting to a previously disconnected but running desktop session, after authentication I receive a black screen and shortly thereafter the session quits with the following error:

"Failed to reconnect to your remote session.

Please try to connect again."

This behavior is the same with MS RDP client in both Windows 10 and Android MS RDP client version 4.2.

If I connect from Linux the behavior is slightly different. Here I am able to connect to the session and see the desktop but I'm not able to get a response from keyboard or mouse. It's as if the session is not listening for input. The session remains
    alive (animations continue to update e.g. clock) until I disconnect.

So far the only way I'm able to restore normal RDP session behavior is to reboot the server.

JimGing, Nov 19, 2018
  3. RDP session

I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen

JohnNic212, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Gorkster Win User

No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

Windows 10 1709; host sleeps during active RDP session

I am reporting a bug/oversight.

HOST OS:

Windows 10 64-bit Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

HOST SETTING:

Set to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity

PROBLEM:

Host computer sleeps after 2 hours of inactivity even when a client is connected via RDP (Remote Desktop)

DESCRIPTION:

In previous versions of Windows and even in Win10 before the Fall Update an active RDP session has always prevented the host computer from entering a sleep state even when set to do so after X minutes of inactivity. Since the Fall Update the host computer
    of an active RDP session will sleep during an active RDP session when there is lack of activity on the client computer. There should never be a reason for the host of an active RDP session to enter sleep mode when there is a client connected. If the client
    computer is set to sleep after X minutes of inactivity it seems natural it should do so even during an active RDP session, but then, and only then, should the inactivity timer start for the host computer.

HISTORY:

There was a bug introduced in Remote Desktop sometime prior to Win10 Fall Update wherein a host computer would not sleep when set to do so after a period of inactivity after a client had connected and subsequently disconnected to the host via RDP. This
    was finally fixed in Fall Update, but I have a sneaking suspicion the fix was too aggressive and this is what led to the problem I am reporting.

Sean

Gorkster, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

1. No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10) - Similar Threads - audio input picked

2. RDP session appears to be hanging up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session appears to be hanging up: I have a workstation that auto updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.I RDP into a Windows 2019 server daily.As I am using the RDP session, several times a day things will become unresponsive. This ranges from the operating system not recognizing when I press the windows key...
  3. RDP session appears to be hanging up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP session appears to be hanging up: I have a workstation that auto updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.I RDP into a Windows 2019 server daily.As I am using the RDP session, several times a day things will become unresponsive. This ranges from the operating system not recognizing when I press the windows key...
  4. How To Use Target/Remote Host Audio Input and Output During RDP Session?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How To Use Target/Remote Host Audio Input and Output During RDP Session?: Hello everyone!Is there anyway to use the target remote hosts USB audio input and output during an RDP session on Windows 10? I have a long range wireless USB headset and wish to use that instead of "Remote Audio". Unfortunately "Remote Audio is the only option even with the...
  5. Audio input is picking up all system inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input is picking up all system inputs: My audio jack seems to be picking up every input and sound from my system games, music, videos etc all the time. Even when my mic is muted and my voice isnt picked up the other inputs still are. I have troubleshot for hours going over every other answer microsoft has provided...
  6. Audio input is picking up all system inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input is picking up all system inputs: My audio jack seems to be picking up every input and sound from my system games, music, videos etc all the time. Even when my mic is muted and my voice isnt picked up the other inputs still are. I have troubleshot for hours going over every other answer microsoft has provided...
  7. All computer audio being picked up as audio input

All computer audio being picked up as audio input: So I have tested this in both Discord and Audacity and all audio output from my laptop such as Spotify music is detected by discord and Audacity. The issue isn't my mic picking up audio from my headset because it happens even when my headset is muted. I have looked around and...
  8. Microphone input picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone input picking up desktop audio: So I have this weird issue where my desktop audio is being picked up by the microphone input. It's not bleeding from the headset as I don't have the microphone plugged into the headset and it still happens. This occurs when it's plugged in with the USB and the Aux cable. I...
  9. Mic pick al audio input

Mic pick al audio input: I don't know why, but my mic in picking all the playback sound, even if my headphones and speakers are closed. It's acting like a speaker. I have to mention that the "Listen to this device" is't checked....
  10. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone is not being picked up on remote desktop

2. no sound in rdp sesssion

3. microphone not picked up in rdp session

4. No audio in RDP Sessions