Windows 10: No audio issue and the sound option wont open in control panel

Discus and support No audio issue and the sound option wont open in control panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i really need help with this audio issue, Last night i was playing some games when i noticed my audio had stopped working so i turned my pc off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArchieGraver-Duff, Mar 4, 2021.

1. No audio issue and the sound option wont open in control panel

Hi i really need help with this audio issue,

Last night i was playing some games when i noticed my audio had stopped working so i turned my pc off and went to bed. The pc still has no audio and when i open control panel i cant access the sound option. The audio does not play through my monitor or headset so i know the problem is to do with my pc.

Today i have been going onto forums trying to fix this issue and nothing works, ive tried reinstalling drivers, updating them, restarting things in services and it still doesnt work.

If anyone else has had this error or knows how to fix it help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

ArchieGraver-Duff, Mar 4, 2021

2. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Mar 4, 2021
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Mar 4, 2021
  4. No audio issue and the sound option wont open in control panel

Windows 10 issues, can't get sound, issues with control panel and printer.

Hi Robin,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to print or find control panel?

Try the steps mentioned in the link.

As you have issues with the sound, try the steps mentioned in the link

Windows 10 sound issues

You may try find the control panel by typing control panel in the search box.

Let us know more about the issue to assist you better.

Ravinath P, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

No audio issue and the sound option wont open in control panel

1. No audio issue and the sound option wont open in control panel - Similar Threads - audio issue sound

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  4. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  5. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  6. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sound control panel no 71. surround option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound control panel no 71. surround option: I have Asus ROG Strix Gl503VMF. I am not able to turn on the 7.1 surround option. You can see screenshot. Please let me know, Why I do not have it? or how can I get this option? Please help me. Thanks. submitted by /u/abhishek170295 [link] [comments]...
  8. nvidia control panel wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvidia control panel wont open: i click the panel and it doesnt open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-wont-open/11925cd8-055f-4fdd-8fae-411a8d4f6949
  9. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...
  10. Control panel wont open

Control panel wont open: I am having trouble accessing the control panel, when i click on it, it opens in the task bar but does't appear on screen. I have tried running administrator but it is still the same problem although when i opened control panel is safe mode it successfully opened and i found...